I have a few things I'd like to focus on in the near future. I'm thinking this is a list of goals for the month of October, rather than just this week. Here are some less thoughts that are on my mind right now :
- No Facebook in October. I stayed off Facebook about a year and a half ago and I started thinking about it again recently. It has become my least preferred place to share my life and now I'm so tired of reading the snarky comments, political debates, religion arguments and more. Yes, I know I can just hide, or even unfriend those people that I'm not in sync with, but I'm not going to go there right now. Staying off for the month is good enough for me. This morning I deleted the bookmark in my internet browser as well as the app on my phone to resist temptation.
- It's time to start taking better care of myself and that means getting dressed in outfits that look nice and feel nice. I've been a stay at home mom for two years now and in the past the excuse was a combination of "I'm just going to get spit up on or pooped on or I'm not going anywhere" so I didn't/don't make a big effort in getting ready in the morning. Last week I wore a couple of new, cuter, pulled-together outfits and I felt really good not to look so messy and/or frumpy.
- I want to work on and be consistent about an evening routine. Being prepared for the next day leads to a smoother morning / day here and I will most likely revisit this list I made last year and add in preparing Morgan's school lunch.
- Speaking of routines and taking care of me, finding 30 minutes in my day to move is an important habit I just can't seem to nail. It's hard and it sucks. With Morgan in school, after lunch while Parker is napping sounds like a good plan. Before I do anything else.
- In an effort to make my Project Life less repetitive, I'm going to follow Fat Mum Slim's photo-a-day prompts in October. If you are not familiar with her, you can read about it and see the list of October prompts here. Some weeks I feel like I'm getting the same photos, mostly of the kids, and I'm up for a new challenge to mix it up a bit.