Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Project Life : Week 35

Week 35 : August 27 - September 2

This week : I declared would be a week where I focused on documenting me. I love my kids dearly, and really enjoy getting them in this album week in and week out, but that leaves very little room for me and Mark. This week is very lightly embellished - I mostly used Erica's new brushes (which are so awesome and full of possibilities) on my photos and a handful of my new stamps which will be in the shop at the end of this week.

Full spread (click any image to enlarge) :
Left side :
I typically use the date cards that came in my core kit, but this week I used the one included with Catherine's Sillo Series cards :
Something else that is new this week is I didn't round the corners on my photos and cards. I gotta say I really like that look too.
5 Faves (below) is one of my new stamps. Very open-ended as you can list your 5 favorite whatever on a journaling card. I got the idea from my semi-frequent blog posts, 5 favorites for Friday :
Erica's digital brushes were so fun and easy to use. I adjusted to opacity a bit, down to 70%, so you can see through to the photo a little more. I love how the font and circle element repeats itself this week and sort of unifies the spread. I couldn't forget to get a Pinterest screenshot this week. I think this is the first time I've even mentioned Pinterest in my Project Life!
Right side. Fun mail and my clipped down to-do list for the week are blurred. (Sorry, can't give my surprise away quite yet!) 
Here & Now is another new stamp :
A little bit of white-Sharpie-on-photo action again. I am asked about the pen I use a lot! You can find an Amazon link to the one I love at the end of this post. Or scour the shelves at your local Michael's. That's where I buy (and hoard) mine :
What the what? - haha, I love this stamp. After I wrote my journaling on a card, I stapled on a tab punched from a scrap of Hambly transparency and tucked it inside a little grid bag :
As always, thank you so much for looking! This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more Project Life inspiration! If I forgot something or you'd like more details, just ask. And if you participate in a 'me week', send me your link so I can check it out. I'd love to see it!

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products used this week :

19 comments:

  1. I say what the what all the time! I need that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I was hoping it wasn't just me. :)

      Delete
  2. Love how you focused on you!! Such a great idea!! &can I just say I am SO excited for your new stamps!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!! You are always so sweet. :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE that here and now stamp, Nicole. And still digging the "you" week for PL. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG What the What! I love it I say it all the time too! Great pages as always Nicole! I'm so hitting Michales to find that pen! Babz

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, what a great theme to tackle on. I think I need to do this too :) And I love your little quote right there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pages! I love the 5 Faves stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh is that a canvas camera on the yellow/pink striped card? love it!! where you'd find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a mistable camera from Studio Calico. It's the third link under 'products used this week' at the end of the post.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous page. I really, really like those stamps!

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project life! I'm now on the hunt for a white sharpie. Maybe I can find one at an office supply store. I also love that file tab punch. The colors you used are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your you focus this week ! I think it's great for the kids to see that Mummy has lots of important things for her too !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout and I love that you focused on YOU - it's hard to do that as moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages! Excellent idea to have a week just focused on you. I love the date card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your PL. Did you make the 'Do more of what makes you happy card'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Yes, I made that card in PSE.

      Delete