Sunday, September 9, 2012

my less list : no 22

Big things are happening this week. My little girl is starting preschool + I confess I am a bit of a wreck about it. My less list is simple this week as I want most of what I do to focus around these 3 things :
  • Find a loose routine to build on, especially on school days. Much of this revolves around sleep, including my own. Plus, finding the best days/times to run errands, trying out new activities with Parker while Morgan is in school, and creating some work-focused time for myself.
  • Clean this house. I have my hot spots and my own list of undesirable chores that have been deemed less important in the last couple weeks. When I'm stressed out, I clean. The house should be sparkling by the end of the week.
  • Make sure that Morgan knows how much I love her and I am there for her 110% without breaking down in front of her. I can't tell you how heartbroken I feel when she says she's nervous or she's going to miss me. And how badly I want to tell her I'm going to miss her too. What can I say, I'm an emotional mommy.
After a fun but tiring day out of town, I'm going to take my own advice and go to bed. Now. May your week begin smoothly + productively. :)

Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm already teary-eyed. I hope she has an awesome day on Tuesday and that it goes smoothly for you too. I can't wait to hear all about it! Have fun with all the one-on-one time with Parker too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she and you got to have a good day even if it was apart. I think you could say you miss her too, I do with my boys especially when my eldest started school this year. I feel it shows them that they are important to us. He says I know you'll miss me Mummy like I miss you so I'll give you a big hug! So sweet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to kid you, it is difficult. Your first day of school I was bawling by the time the bus took off. I couldn't focus on anything so I just sat around waiting for you to come home. :( I agree, I think you can tell her that you'll miss her too.....but finish the sentence with something like, I just know you are going to have a fun time meeting the other kids and learning new things. And try to keep from crying until she can't see you. All the emotions you're feeling are because you love her so much and just want her to be happy. You guys have been "best buds" these last few years, and the change stings a bit. Will be thinking about both of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I experienced this with my youngest daughter. She had a very hard time adjusting to Kindergarten, then First grade, then Second.... She is just the child who loves to be home, to be hanging out with me. We did the Kissing Hand thing. She took a piece of my jewlery with her. We bought matching bracelets that each morning we each kissed each others in case we needed one later in the day. We read a
    book recommended by her school counselor called "I Don't Want To!" by Sally Grindley. That helped some. I did tell her I missed her too but followed with I had to do my "job" here and she had to do her "job" at school. We'd then plan an activity to do when she got in. Something like coloring, or making a special snack. She was so nrervous that she didn't even eat lunch so we set up a sticker reward system. To say the least, I was a mess, too!! I tried my best not to seem worried or sad in front of her. It was a process and did get better slowly. As I look back, I actually remember it fondly because it marks how content she was at home with me. She is now in 5th grade and enjoys school. She still loves home but can transition with ease. :) Hope that helps. Sorry I am long-winded. By the way, I love your stamps I recently ordered.
    Wishing you the best!
    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete