Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Project Life : Week 33

Week 33 : August 13-19

This week : Morgan seems to have taken over the majority of the spread. I suppose that's going to happen once in a while - someone is going to have a bigger focus - and I'm okay with that. I'm guessing when preschool starts and I am spending more one-on-one time with Parker, he will have a bigger presence. During this week, Morgan and I had a lot of very enjoyable girl time while Parker got to take his first trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise (which is basically a huge classic car 'show' of-sorts here in Metro Detroit). Boy loves cars and Daddy was thrilled to take him. Mark has been going with his Dad and brothers for years! Okay, let's get on with the spread :

Full spread (click any image to enlarge - all product links are at the end of the post) :
Left side :
Lots of favorites this week. That means lots of close-ups. Morgan's quote (on the left below) still makes me laugh! And Parker's birthday cake is too cute. When I asked "what did you draw, Parker?" he said "it's cake!" Well, duh!
Lots of "on your mark, get set, GO!" around here :
This is my absolute favorite picture of Morgan right now. No prompting. No 'say cheese'. No goofy head tilt or looking away from the camera. Just perfect Morgan and really really good timing on my part. Love it and love her. Hello stamp is one my own.
White Sharpie on photo - another staple for me. Loved this little moment we shared ;)
A single insert this week on a 3-up page protector documenting our last summer trip to the zoo with my sister and nephews. She had to go back to school this week and I'm already sad about that. We had a great summer and I'm going to miss our outings. This is the front :
Simple little tab on the edge :
And the back. After half a dozen trips this year, we finally saw our polar bears!
Right side. Morgan + I had a girls day on Saturday, complete with shopping for a lunchbox (success) + shoes (fail). We had lunch at Pei Wei (her pick!) and I surprised her with a trip to our nearby cheapy movie theatre to see Brave. We both loved it. A lot!
The adorable LOL word bubble above is a Silhouette freebie from Teka - you can find it here.

Classic shadows-in-the-parking-lot photo. This was right after I told her about her surprise. Can you tell by the fist pump that she is geeked? I stamped Today was right on the photo with black Staz-On :
I got a picture of her with the movie poster on our way out and stapled our ticket stubs right on the photo.
I may have shed a tear or two (ha!) during the movie and I loved the last line. I had to add it to a core kit journaling card (shown below on the right) :
Mark got a few pictures of Parker at the Dream Cruise. This was my favorite. Daddy said he had an awesome time and kept saying "cool car!" like his cousin, Mason :
Interesting fact of the week : I took zero dSLR photos. None. All photos were taken with my iPhone. That seems to be the trend with me right now. Poor Nikon.

It is a big product reveal week on Becky Higgins blog this week. Have you seen the new Seafoam edition for next year? I'm in love with it! I've been telling myself that I could go without a core kit next year but I'm not so sure now. Plus knowing that Elise was behind it - wow! Can't wait to see the rest of the new stuff.

As always, thank you so much for looking. This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more Project Life inspiration! I used a lot of goodies this week, so if I forgot something or you'd like more details, just ask. :)

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products used this week :

11 comments:

  1. Love the finish line photo and Elise's new Seafoam design too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shadow picture of you & Morgan are my fave! as always you ROCK the PL!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your Project LIfe! Love that shadow pic and the movie quote too...so happy you both had fun! Loving Elise's Seafoam design too. I said I wasn't going to get another kit too until now! :) You are making me want to do better at Project Life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome as usual! Love the Farmington Civic! Have seen MANY movies there through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! I really like that shadow picture and the Brave quote. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome! Like I said on IG that shadow photo is perfection. I need to track down the whit sharpie. I haven't had any luck writing on photos so thanks for that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, I love your PL spread! So sweet that you were able to capture mommy/daughter time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morgans gymnastics quote cracks me up! So exciting to go see a movie together! Great timing for it to be there and so glad you both liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages Nicole! Love the shadow picture and Morgan's quote is CLASSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love this weeks PL. Morgan is looking so much "older" in these pics. I especially love the pic of your joint pedicure and Parker's cake drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! And I love your handwriting!!

    ReplyDelete