Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Project Life : Week 23

Week 23 : June 4-June 10

This week : it was the big birthday week around here! Morgan turned 4 and Parker turned 2. Mark and I went to the AIA (American Institute of Architects) Michigan Honor Awards where the firm he works for won Firm of the Year. Lots of time outside. Very busy getting ready to introduce the new 20 Questions books. And my sister's family and ours visited my parents.

 Left side with 6x12 insert :
Left side :
 
I used a plain grid journaling card to tell about my unintentional coffee/caffeine withdrawl last week. I ended up with a massive headache which put me in the worst mood ever. Crazy what one cup of coffee does to you. Hmm. The adjacent card has old naked Heidi Swapp chipboard letters that I sprayed with Mr. Huey's Sunset. Not quite the color I was looking for, but so be it :
The birthday girl wanted to go to the park, which turned out to be crowded and loud. Morgan decided she wanted to go home and play in her own park in the backyard :)
Front of the 6x12 insert. Photo and journaling of her 20 Questions (which I also put in her album) taken from this post :
I used a file tab punch on some October Afternoon 9 to 5 packaging and made a tab for the page protector. A 4 on Morgan's side :
And a 2 on Parker's :
Back of the 6x12 insert. Journaling and photos taken from his two year post here. Man, I love these templates from Ali Edwards. I'm sure I've said it before - copying and pasting from the blog make them so easy to use!
 Right side :
Close-ups from a few of my favorite pockets are below. Morgan loves to make books and asked my mom to make/write a book for her during her visit last week. Of course, I saved it.
I put it in a pocket that would make it easy to take out, and even added a 'pull' tab :
I didn't take any photos at the AIA Honor Awards, but I saved our name tags (which were already 3x4, haha!) I added a Martha Stewart for Avery file folder label on top of the page protector and wrote a little note about the big award the firm he works for received :
My parents invited us and my sister's family over for dinner on Saturday. It was wild and crazy (mostly due to my loud, goofball kids), but fun. The four cousins even sat still for .03 seconds for a photo. I think it took 5 adults standing behind me to get this shot :
A funny, this-is-life, shot of our fancy watering system at the Reaves house right now. The hose spigot on the front of our house is broken, so we've been putting the hose through the laundry room window above it and hooking it up to the sink to water the new plants in the front yard. Fancy, right? ;) Real life, baby. Real life.
I didn't post Week 22 last week, but I finished it last night and will post it later this week.

Thank you so much for looking! This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more inspiration! And if I forgot something, just ask. :) If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week : click the photos for more info

4 comments:

  1. Totally digging those thickers you used this week! And how you used half of a hang tag as a label on your photo. Very cool. Your layouts are so inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun spread! You even make diapers look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that little mini book is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,who would have thought missing your morning coffee would have such a negative side effect. :( As usual, love your work.

    ReplyDelete