Thursday, June 14, 2012

Project Life : Week 22

Week 22 : May 28-June 3

Oh baby, what a week. It started with a Memorial Day parade + BBQ and ended with a big birthday bash for Morgan and Parker. Lots of photos + lots of inserts = equals a long blog post to share. I'll try to keep the words to a minimum :)

Full spread without inserts : click on any photo to enlarge and see more detail
Left side :
Sorry for the glare from the page protectors on some of these photos. I filled the horizontal row of 3x4 pockets with receipts wrapped on kraft cardstock. With all the party prep going on, we were spending a lot of money. It was for a good cause. :) The first pocket is a blank grid journaling card I stamped with my Week in Review stamp and then used the number stickers that came with the Turquoise Core Kit to label them. First as a list on the Week in Review card, then individually to match the list :
Lots of photos of their new playset, which Morgan is calling their "park playhouse." I believe this was the first overall shot of them on it once it was finished :
Right side :
Morgan's new preschool hosted an ice cream social that we all went to. The weather wasn't great, but it was nice for us to see her school again. Baby steps :
I'm really running low on Silhouette cuts (I've been saying that for weeks, huh? Still haven't found the time to cut more), so I used one of the negatives I saved from a quote bubble to frame this cute cheese-y picture of Morgan + Parker :
Now the inserts. There were 3. Mostly to store photos - not a lot of words. The first is an American Crafts 3-up 4x6 page protector that holds some of my favorite photos that my Dad took during their party. I admit, I didn't get many. Thank goodness he did and shared them with me. The front :
With an adhesive file tab on the edge :
And the back. Parker adores my Dad :
Insert #2 is a Design G page protector full of more party shots. Here is the front :
The who/what/when/where/why card is from the core kit. The June card is from some old KI Memories 12x12 patterned paper that I finally let go of and cut up into months. The QR codes are separate videos of us singing Happy Birthday to Morgan + Parker, and them blowing their candles out :
And the back :
 
At the end of the night, my mother-in-law and I were taking pictures of the kids and they were really hamming it up! I love this one of them together - even though they aren't looking at me :
And Parker. AH, love this one so much! Flash and all :
The last insert is a Big Envelope Page that holds all of their birthday cards, plus my grocery list and our guest list. I also slipped in the extra party invitations I had leftover :
The 4x6 label card is lots of Basic Grey and Ormolu :
Phew! Now you know why it took me an extra week to do this spread. :) Thank you so much for looking! If I forgot something, just ask. If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week : click the photos for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment