Thursday, June 7, 2012

Parker : Two Years

yup, my kids are 2 years + 2 days apart. I may have been a smidge nervous on Morgan's 2nd birthday about going into labor with this big guy. Come to find out, he had no intentions of leaving on his own, and at 5 days late, Parker Thomas was born. If you are into labor stories, you can read his here. Well, it's not a labor story really, because his birth was a scheduled C-section, but in my 4 years of blogging, it's one of my favorite posts. Even when I read it last night, it brought back a lot of memories and 'oh yeahs.' Stuff I wouldn't have remembered two years later if I hadn't written it down back then. So thankful for that.

Anyway, here's a little snippet about the birthday boy. Right now.
  • adores his blanket ("key") and pacifier ("ba-ba"). He can't have one without the other, even though the tip of his paci has a big slit in it and he can't suck it.
  • loves string cheese, yogurt, sandwiches, smoothies and fruit snacks. Also gets very excited when someone has chocolate. "Chooo-clate!"
  • likes to wear hats, sunglasses, backpacks and superhero masks and capes.
  • loves cameras and pictures and asks "can I see?" after a photo is taken. He recognizes the sound of a camera turning on and is eager to say "cheese!"
  • has the most awesome big smile!
  • sucks at sleeping. Naps are fantastic, night sleeping stinks. That's been the case for his whole life. I don't think he's slept through the night for more than a few days in a row. Unfortunately, I'm used to it now.
  • is confused for Morgan's twin brother. He has always been big, but he has grown so tall in the last year. Their height difference, especially when they are both sitting down, is not very big. We call him 'torso man.'
  • is very sweet and sensitive, often emotional. My gentle giant.
  • watches Morgan's every move.
  • hates getting his haircut. Last week the only way he would let anyone touch him is if he was sitting in my lap.
  • loves trucks, cars, airplanes, helicopters and dinosaurs.
  • is easily frustrated, especially when he's trying to do something that Morgan can do with ease.
  • almost always has a crayon (usually brown) and a small notepad in his hands. I buy them in bulk now in the dollar section at Target. The boy loves to doodle.
  • is talking a lot, but admittedly, I can only understand him about 80% of the time. I am his translator when Mark is home. :) 
  • is very clingy lately. Loves to snuggle, to be held (lots of "up"), rocked and held like a baby. Even at almost 30 pounds.
  • is a champion tantrum thrower and is very loud. As of late, his tantrums have turned into pouting. It's hard not to smile or laugh at that.
  • counts really well + is very into colors.
  • hates flip flops. He is a Keen boy.
  • would spend his entire day outside if I let him. Most days after his nap, he is talking about going "outside" before I even get him out of his crib.
Happy Big TWO to the cutest and happiest little man I know. We all love you to pieces!!

1 comment:

  1. That first picture is ADORABLE! And he sounds just like Ellis with the paci and blanket obsession! =) Happy Birthday Parker! Have a most wonderful day, little guy!

    ReplyDelete