Monday, June 18, 2012

my less list : no 19

  1. Get the boxes of unwanted stuff up into the attic. I'm still undecided as to the whole garage sale thing. Maybe near the end of the summer. Obviously this stuff has to go somewhere, not just hidden away in the attic, but for now I'd like to get it out of our family room and bedrooms. Done. Thank you Mark. :)
  2. Collect and organize the scrapbooking stuff I've purged into one box. Not sure how this got skipped, but I'll do it tonight!
  3. Tackle a crafty project I've been procrastinating on. Got a big chunk of it done and I'm looking forward to cropping with my mom and sister this weekend so I can start putting it all together. You know, the fun part!
  4. Go through my closet and remove the summer clothes I haven't been wearing (and probably won't). Complete and not painful at all. I'm accepting my size and style right now and that means I should probably get a few more pairs of shorts... :)
  5. Spend some time writing about my word, preferably in my minibook. While working on the June prompt over the weekend, it gave me some time to think about what is holding me back from changing some bad habits I've formed. Habits I'd like to break as well as habits I'd like to form. The same things that come up week after week when I'm making this list. Things that I said I'd work on (and I do) but then I slip back into that bad 'behavior'. Sounds kind of naughty, huh? :) Maybe I need to take my own advice on this one and just work on one thing at a time? How long do they say it takes to form a new habit, 21 days? Hmm, something to think about... Writing is complete but I'm still a little wobbly between being in a good place and a bad place. Work in progress comes to mind as I'm writing this right now. But, who isn't?
Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

No comments:

Post a Comment