Monday, June 11, 2012

my less list : no 18

I'm so ready to buckle down and get back to business with this list. This week's focus it to settle some unfinished business :
  1. Finish the iPhoto purge. I am on 2010 and stalled out a couple weeks ago when the busyness of the kids party planning took over. This week I really want to get through all my photos to present day. My long term goal is when I upload my photos weekly, to delete the duplicate / blurry / bad photos right then and there. Not in a year or three. We'll see how that goes... I'm working on finishing it right now and took a break to update this post. Checking off this much needed task feels really good!
  2. Go through my scrapbooking / craft magazines, idea books and catalogs and purge. I don't have a ton, so it should be quick. I will add them to my 'scrapbook stuff to sell' pile. Done. Now I need to box up that pile.
  3. Completely empty and reorganize the kids craft cabinet. It is an absolute mess. I've gotten in the habit of just throwing (sometimes literally) stuff in there when we are done with it. Even Mark said he is shocked that I've let it get so bad. "That's not like you" he said. I've been wanting to tackle this for weeks and now is a good time. Complete and it looks so good! I didn't get rid of much but now everything has it's place with room to spare. I even added a box to collect the busy bags that me and some other mothers will be exchanging this summer.
  4. Clean out my purse. I don't carry my purse very often. If I'm out and about with the kids, I always grab my diaper bag. But on occasion, if I'm running an errand by myself, I get to lighten my load and take my purse. There is a bunch of random stuff in there though, that either doesn't belong there, or is old, or is simply just garbage. Fresh and clean and garbage free.
  5. Make a plan for my summertime scrapbooking projects. It's very easy for me to get overwhelmed and think "What the heck am I thinking? I have way too much going on. What made me think I can have this much on my plate and get it all done?" Well, I've talked myself into thinking it doesn't all have to get done right now. And it's not fun if I'm stressing myself out about it and rushing through. It's just not. I have a list, and very good intentions to get to it all, but I want to devise a plan for how. For example, I'm taking Ali Edwards 31 Things class at Big Picture Classes. It ends in the next week or so, and as determined as I thought I was about staying caught up with my daily journaling, it just didn't happen. But it's not a big deal to me. I just need to plan for myself my own (less busy) 31 Days to get the stories told and my photo book made. Other projects I'm going to work on include keeping up with the One Little Word class, making a Scrapbook on the Road for our camping trip, and finishing the minibooks I started for Morgan + Parker last month. On top of my obligations for the Ormolu Creative Team and my weekly Project Life spreads. I know I can do it. I just need to prioritize and plan. And have fun! It was a bit of an undertaking, but I have given myself tasks to complete each week through the end of July so I can get some of these bigger projects done.
Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

2 comments:

  1. Love your weekly list of five. With summer vacation around the corner, I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete