Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Project Life : Week 18 + the white week challenge

Week 18 : April 30-May 6

This week : I tried something new. I saw both Vee + Jamaica had done a 'white week' for their Project Life and I loved it. Challenge on! This week ended up being quite a bit different than previous - mostly because I didn't fill every slot with a picture of my kiddies. ;) I may have taken a more literal approach to it and focused on taking pictures of white things last week, trying not to edit the photos too much. Overall, I love the end result.

Pretty ordinary week though. Sorta. Filling shop orders, errands, our 8th wedding anniversary, we had a couple hot days, Mark had a long weekend + I got some awesome news. I am going to be an Ormolu creative team member!

Full spread :
Left side :
This slot is made of a bunch of different layers. On the bottom is a photo from our wedding day (a rainy day in Hawaii, go figure). On top of that is a piece of white vellum that I printed the text from this post on. The 8 was cut from the Silhouette and I ran a simple zigzag stitch along the left side to hold it all together :
I was inspired by how Jamaica did a little grid of tea bag tags (in the same link as her white week above), so I did something similar with produce stickers. I am so good about making sure the kids eat lots of fruit and veggies. I need to treat myself the same way...
Right side :
I tried a new blueberry muffin recipe last week and loved them. The recipe is tucked behind the photo. YES flair + white negative tag are from Ormolu (expect to see a lot more of that in the future) ;) The barberry plants we bought over the weekend are really an incredibly bright yellow-green but I used the Inkwell filter in Instagram to make it a bit more black + white :
 
Grocery receipt tied in twine + I recorded Thursday's high temperature. I made and cut the THU card on the Silhouette. I should have taken a picture of my hair to show how freakin' humid it was too. :)
This was fun. A little tough + frustrating at times but I love how it turned out. What's the next challenge, ladies?

Thank you so much for looking! I have linked up to Jessica's Project Life Tuesday at The Mom Creative. If I forgot something, just ask. :)

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week : click the photos for more info

11 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm working on catching up. Love your produce tags and your anniversary poem with the photo in the background. Happy anniv. wishes! Ours is this Friday! And our date will be sometime...we always work it in but sometimes it can't be right on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white week. What a cool idea!
    Congrats on the Ormolu team member position! That is the coolest thing I've heard all week! You totally deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute....i may try this too. I love the produce sticker grid- king of looks like milk caps. Happy anniversary, love the rain or shine plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, Congrats on the creative team member position - hurra for that!
    Secondly, I think this white week is beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good! i absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's exciting to see someone else's white week. Yours turned out fantastic! "...taking pictures of white things..." I didn't think about it like that but I realize I did too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your CAS style of project life and how it really highlights all of the little things so well. The Starbucks label is genius! I am super stoked about half price fraps too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the white!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice week ! Great picture about your anniversary !
    Congrats on the Ormulu DT... you must be thrilled !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great week Nicole! Love the layered Anniversay card...just beautiful! Also love the look of the predominantly white layout.

    Congrats on the Ormolu news! Love their stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous white layout! I love your style. I'm inspired--I'd love to try the white challenge. I can't imagine actually doing it though, my layouts are always chaotic with color.

    ReplyDelete