Sunday, May 20, 2012

my less list : no 15

  1. clean out our linen closet in the main bathroom. It's become a hot spot where I just throw things in there with no rhyme or reason, when I have nowhere better to put it. Time to purge + rearrange. All done and it looks so much better!
  2. breakdown my remaining birthday party to-do's into manageable tasks so I'm not freaking out 3 days before about decorations or favor bags. Countdown : 13 days. Complete. I'm not positive I'm not going to freak out though. :)
  3. continue iPhoto purge. I didn't get to that this week.
  4. revisit last year's summer plans with our family (from this post) + start prepping our summer go-bags. Finished. I even wrote this post after being inspired by Ali's summer manifesto.
  5. relax + enjoy the long holiday weekend! And hopefully snag the grill we've been eyeing for the past 6 weeks. We had a great weekend as a family. Even enjoyed impromptu visits from my parents + my sister and her family. Plus a parade, some scrapbooking, two BBQ's with our new grill and the kids surprise birthday playset is complete. It was wonderFULL.
Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

2 comments:

  1. love reading these lists each week, nicole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog and am in love. I love the idea of less! I am going to steal this, although I've been working on it for awhile now too, and really force myself to purge and rethink things! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete