Monday, May 14, 2012

my less list : no 14

  1. stop staying up so damn late. It's simple but tough. A major downfall for me. In fact, after I'm done with this post, I'm hitting the hay. I set an alarm on my iPhone for 10:15pm and it's working, for the most part...this will always be an ongoing issue.
  2. clean up shoes + winter gear in our mudroom closet. Clean coats + mittens and store for next year (or box up to sell/give away). Done. It's been in the 80's here so I feel pretty safe putting away the winter stuff. If it snows next week, I'll take the blame. :)
  3. replenish + repack the bag I keep in the car (just in case of accidents) with the appropriate size and season clothes + diapers for Morgan + Parker. I took that bag out of the car last week and found clothes from over 6 months ago. I suppose it's good we haven't needed them... Done for now. Getting a couple more everyday play outfits is on my list for my next Target trip. One outfit will go into the bag.
  4. continue iPhoto purge. I actually got through 2008 last week (more than I thought/planned) - I'm just going to keep going. Still going...
  5. and speaking of purging, I am in need of purging a few "friends" from my life too. Those toxic, unsupportive people that make my heart race just thinking about them. I'm a grown adult and I can take a fair amount of teasing, but let's get real, it bites. It makes my chest tight and all I want to do is shut down and hide. I have not felt as anxious as I did this past weekend as I have in years. Making fun of what I like to do in my spare time is not going to win my friendship, people. Was purge a harsh word? Now, one week later, I'm feeling a million times better. I'm not going to discount my feelings though. I'm not in the business to change people, just myself. :)
Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

3 comments:

  1. Love your pursuit of LESS. Purging feels so incredible. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word for this year is LESS too, although I am using it with far less intention than you. Your less lists are inspiring to me!

    P.S. #5 is right on - life is too short and hard to waste it on toxic people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great -LESS- list, Nicole!

    No.5 - definitely understandable pending the situation. Are we to presume this individual or individuals is "teasing" you over your hobby? If so, might you explain your sensitivity and ask them politely to STOP as it's not helping the friendship then PURGE their butt! {wink} SOME people just never hear -or- listen and are a constant negative, which is draining and no one enjoys! Good Luck, but hopefully you can come to some sort of resolve prior to purging a potentially good friend if the case may be.... I can totally relate!

    Love what you do and all the inspiration you give your readers! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete