Sunday, May 6, 2012

my less list : no 13

  1. less procrastinating. There have been a couple projects, one in particular for the shop, that I either keep forgetting about or just haven't finished. This week I will finish it and Mark is holding me accountable. Actually, he is in charge. We got it done and now have to play a bit of a waiting game until the ball is back in our court.
  2. begin purging photos in iPhoto. I have over 8500 photos since 2005-ish and I want to get rid of the bad, blurry, unusable or just unnecessary duplicate type photos. My plan is to get through 2005 this week, 2006 next week, and so on. Might have to break that down a little more after Morgan was born in 2008 and the photos I was taking multiplied by 100. It's a start. I got through 2008 this week - better than I thought.
  3. collect our summer essentials - sunscreen, aloe, bug spray, towels, sunglasses, etc. - in a basket near our back door. Tis the season and I want to be ready for those spur of the moment, less stress trips to the park or zoo. Done. I have everything, including sunhats, extra diapers and wipes stored in a box that I'm keeping in a cabinet in our mudroom.
  4. be more mindful of spending. April was a crazy month - between my birthday, our anniversary, Easter + more - we went out to eat a lot. And I can't remember the last time I've purchased so much scrapbooking stuff. I got a lot of new goodies but also held a lot of restraint too. Emails from Michaels, Joanns and Archivers will be promptly deleted for a while. And I need to stay out of the Studio Calico message board too. Those ladies are my biggest enablers. :) Ongoing. ;)
  5. begin planning Morgan + Parkers birthday party. Their birthdays are just two days (and two years) apart, so a joint party is a no brainer for family and friends - especially those who travel from out of town. Happy guests + birthday kids with little stress on a mama that wants everything to be perfect is a big task. Less fuss, more fun. Let's hope. Invitations are out. Next, to plan the food menu. And a cake that both kids with love.
Each week I write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

4 comments:

  1. I purged a bunch of food, beverage, and shoe photos from my phone. Over 200 pix, gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to do the photo thing too. I literally have over 1000 photos of the boys from just last year...

    I've realized I need to start making a "big projects" list..things that won't get done in one sitting, but I could slowly chip away at. I tend to forget about those when I have down time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So with you on the "less procrastinating". So glad for your less lists again, they truly do inspire me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I jump on your bandwagon for 1-4? Sounds exactly like what I need to do too. :)

    ReplyDelete