Friday, May 11, 2012

letters from mom : a mini album

Today I finished a mini album I made to store the meaningful letters and cards my mom has given me over the years. As long ago as my 14th birthday, I've saved lots of sentimental notes she's written to me in a box and I thought it was about time to find a fun way to keep them all together.

Following the instructions on Paper Source's website to make an accordion envelope album, I adhered the flaps to the previous envelope. I used their yellow sunshine A7 envelopes here. Then, I lined each envelope with Authentique Blissful Happiness patterned paper. So simple :
Inside, I added some quotes about mothers on half of a Martha Stewart for Avery label. I organized the cards and letters and slipped 2-4 in each envelope. I left the last envelope empty to add a few more in the future :
A closeup of (probably my favorite) quote :
The cover is just a cluster of pretty embellishments - some are old + some are new. Ormolu scalloped kraft tag, Studio Calico letter stickers, Bananafish Studio graphic chip, Making Memories washer embellie + Hambly decorative tape :
 
It's almost 4' long when it's completely open :
 
Fold it up, tie it with a little baker's twine and it's done. Here is the front :
And the back :
 
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mommies out there. Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I adore this Nicole. Absolutely love it, especially the yellow and the sentimental touch. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh- Love it when Jeff uses my computer and doesn't log out. :Oh well. Don't worry Jeff doesn't stalk my friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project and way to keep your mother's notes. Letters like that deserve a special holder.

    ReplyDelete