Friday, May 25, 2012

5 favorites for Friday

 
Did you spy the sweet iPhone case in last week's Project Life? The artwork is from Kal Barteski (one of my most favorite ladies I know via the net) and made on an Uncommon iPhone case. It's awesome, right? Kal blogged about it here. With 8 options to choose from, it was hard to pick just one. It's beautifully made and will last a long long time. Well, until I save the money for another one.

Erica shared a delicious dinner she made last week - a simple veggie wrap. I switched up a few ingredients and made mine with a whole wheat tortilla, hummus, julienned red bell pepper and english cucumbers and shredded carrots. So delish and healthy and perfect for summer! It's my new favorite lunch.

I splurged on some Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner to take care of my freshly highlighted and newly dry hair. My curly hair already has a tendency to frizz without the color (and the heat and humidity) and this stuff is the bomb. My hair is actually curly again - and not a weird frizzy wave. I think that classic Aveda scent is my absolute fave smell too. Thank goodness, a little goes a long way.

I adore funky nail polish colors - especially on my toes. This afternoon I gave Morgan and I pedicures with Essie's Turquoise and Caicos. It's such a fun color!
I often change up the way I keep track of the stuff I want to get done. The Teux Deux website + app combined with some handwritten lists was my method of late. Last month I ordered this 5 Days a Week notepad from Knock Knock and I adore it. Lots of space to add a bunch of to-do's each day, plus plenty of sarcastic comments like typical Knock Knock products. So far, two thumbs up. I like being able to plan my day (and week) at a glance without getting on my phone or computer. Like I need another excuse.

Posting will be light next week. Between the long weekend, an ice cream social at Morgan's preschool and their quickly approaching birthday party, I have a lot to focus on at home. I'll be back on Sunday with my less list for the week, which will very likely include less computer time. To my fellow Americans, have an awesome Memorial weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment