Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Little Word : LESS : March

In March, our One Little Word assignment was to choose a task to complete within those 31 days. Something small, but meaningful in terms of accomplishing an action related to our word. My word is less, and if you read my weekly less lists, you know my action was to workout for 30 minutes a day, most days of the week. This is how I documented it into my minibook. This is where I left of in February.
I used a white calendar stamped tag and the two manila shipping tags (all included with the minibook) on this first spread for March. On the left side, I handwrote on the tag what my 'action' was going to be. Then I added another smaller tag, tied on to some matching aqua bakers twine I had in my stash :
On the right side, I adhered the shipping tags - side by side - with some Hambly washi tape, and then sewed it down to my next minibook page. I wrote down my weight and body measurements (to record a before and after) for the beginning of the month, and then the end of the month. On the white file tab (also included with the minibook) I mixed some letter stickers and handwriting to add "one little action" to the front/closed side :
On the following page, I made a calendar to record the days I exercised. I created a 6" high x 7" wide canvas in Photoshop and typed the words One Little Action along the top edge (Bebas font) in an aqua color to match my minibook color scheme. After printing it on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of light gray cardstock, I trimmed it to size and hand-drew the lines for the calendar - essentially 1" squares for 5 weeks high and 7 days across. The number stamps are just the date portion from a date stamp (no month or year). Then I cut it down on the line between Wednesday and Thursday and adhered the left side to the back of the previous page. I wrote on the calendar, in pencil, what I did each day I worked out :
The right page is 1" shy of the width of a typical page, so the navy and white striped paper you see on the right edge is the next piece of patterned paper in the minibook. I added a Tim Holtz vial label, folded in half, as a tab and wrote down the final results of my one little action. Just short of my goal :
After I photographed the album, I decided to use the Silhouette to cut out my word less into that striped paper. I love the result :
Three months complete and she's filling up nicely. I plan to continue using the pages within the album, as well as adding more photos, pages and paper in my stash :
April's prompt is to write a letter to ourselves about where we are right now with our word - what's working and what's not working (and why). This is going to be a lengthy letter for me. I have a small envelope within the pages of this mini that I think I'm going to move up and slip my letter inside it.

Thanks for peeking into my mini this month. Time for my monthly gallery browsing and commenting in the One Little Word classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I like the mini album you made for this. I too am doing One Little Word this year. My word is More but it's really similar to your word in that the goals are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS, Nicole. LOVE how your book is coming along. I've got to start getting my act together :)

    ReplyDelete