Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Project Life : Week 09

Week 09 : February 27-March 4

This week : I played catchup on cleaning + laundry, Morgan's quiet time turned into nap time (again!), I had a nasty sore throat and cough, I got some awesome happy mail, I tried looking for some solutions to Parker's multiple night wakings (again), we attended Morgan's preschool open house and Parker was bit by a tummy bug.

Click on any photo to enlarge. Full spread without insert :
Left side :
Close-ups of some of my favorites. Parker sneaking a sip of his breakfast smoothie before it hits the table. So typical Parker. I adore Liz's templates for fitting multiple photos on one 4x6 photo :
I used my exacto knife to cut around just the days of the week on one of the journaling cards in my Turquoise kit. I saved one of my cough drop wrappers, which had some cool little sayings on it (kind of like Dove chocolates have inside the wrapper), plus a little handwritten note on a flag that comes with the Smash paper clips and sewed it all together :
A big cluster of stuff found its way on this photo. Studio Calico wood veneer house, old Heidi Swapp journaling spot, Martha Stewart label, Studio Calico arrow + 7 Gypsies sticker. All on a very exciting photo of my laundry room :
Right side :
I used Liz's template again here to make a mini "Morgan Lately" layout. I cut it in half and filled 2 of the 3x4 slots and the "M" and jewelry tag are actually on the outside of the page protector :
Parker got sick (throwing up, sick) on Saturday. Poor little guy was miserable. Feeling really thankful that this is the first time we've had a super sick kid and that it didn't last very long. Little did I know that both Morgan and I were going to get hit hard with it 36 hours later. The white 'S' tag is from Ormolu and kraft 'thankful' is a Silhouette cut.
Pretzel goldfish and juice are what Morgan + Parker always ask for after his nap. PM stamp is from Studio Calico's (now sold out) Awesome stamp set :
Ah, more happy mail for me! My friend Sue rocks, and even after dealing with a very painful elbow, she made me these super cozy handknit socks! "I really, really, really really like this" is Smash tape :
Two inserts this week. The first is just a small 6x6 page protector with a collage of Instagram photos I took from our trip to Target :
The back is part of one of Parker's drawings. The boy loves to carry a crayon and small notebook around (like a little journalist) and loves to make circles :
The journaling on the bottom is from a cut-up Turquoise journaling card :
The other insert is going to be a sort of Leap Day time capsule. I saw this link last week and thought this would be a fun idea to add to my own album. I collected receipts, our dinner menu for the week, our local newspaper, favorite snack and food wrappers/boxes, lists of shows we watched and books we read, and what our everyday schedule is like. It's not exclusive to Leap Day, maybe Leap Week, but it's a collection of things that I would have put in my Project Life layout for the week, but didn't make the cut. When I place my next Amazon order, I plan of adding the Big Envelope Pages to my cart and I'll slip all of this stuff inside later.

I have also linked up to The Mom Creative and One Happy Mama.

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week :

10 comments:

  1. Love the way you've put this together... the little journal tabs, ,lolly wrapper, stitching. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pages! love the leap day time capsule idea - i did 'a day in our life' on the leap day but am going to go back and add some other details now - thanks you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower. I really like your pages - the extra details you add are simple and fun and make it very cohesive. We have similar products and you've given me some neat ideas! LOVE the stitching...need to try that. Where did you get the kraft paper arrows and the tiny tags??? I must get those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great detail pictures to really help capture your life--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing what scraps you include! so much inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are more than beautiful and have inspired me to start my own Project Life! I've already ordered the materials, and I'm very excited! I have a few questions: Is that your handwriting or do you do everything digitally? (If it is your own, it is gorgeous and I'm seriously jealous!) Also, can you tell me where to find Liz's templates for resizing multiple photos into a 4x6? Thanks for you help. Your pages are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the sweet comments!!

    @christy fae - that is wonderful that you are going to be doing Project Life! Even on week 10, it's still very exciting and I look forward to working on it every week. Any handwriting you see is my own, with a pen! :) Liz's templates can be found in the first photo/link under my supply list at the end of the post, but here is direct link for you : https://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=29320 Thanks a bunch and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing more of your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome pages! LOVE how bright and colorful they are and all of those great photos and details! Love the bit of stitching, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete