Sunday, March 4, 2012

my less list : no 10.1

First off, am I really the first person to notice my misspelling of pursuit above? Ick! It only took 10 weeks. I need to fix that. And apparently I need to stop writing these posts so late at night. All fixed!

My less list is going to change its focus for the month of March. Each week, instead of giving myself a few to-do's to accomplish, I'm going to use our March prompt for the One Little Word class as my big focus. The assignment this month is assess the list of things we want our word to bring into our life in 2012 (see January) and take action. We have to choose one thing, one action, to complete this month.

Because of these weekly less lists, I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit so far as I'm trying to live with less this year. Mostly small plus a few big items that are helping me get things done. I haven't finished every task I've given myself, but I think that's been because of lack of time, not motivation. For my one little action, I chose something not-so-little to work on. An exercise plan. And really, the only plan is to do something most days of the week. Every day would be awesome. Frankly, I suck at being motivated to work out. I enjoy being active in other ways. Ways that don't feel like I'm exercising, like going for a bike ride. But that's not going to happen around here for a good month or more. Who knows when spring is going to arrive? I hate the thought of putting on my workout clothes, popping in that DVD and doing it. I would rather clean the bathroom.

Like most women I know, I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit this summer. No, I don't have any plans to be prancing around in a bikini or anything. I just want to feel confident and cute in the new swimsuit I bought last year. I want to be able to run around the beach or splash pad with Morgan + Parker and not feel my legs jiggling. I want to not go in freak-out mode when I take off my cover-up. Yes, I realize it's all about self confidence - but I'm just not feeling my best with this extra flab. March seems like a good time for me to kick it into high gear and just do it. My primary go-to workout is going to be Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. I've had the DVD for just over a year but have not done it consistently and have never made it past Level 1. Today is March 4 and I've done it 3 days so far. Not too bad. Gauging how I felt after tonight's workout, I should be able to move on to Level 2 by the end of the week!

My only goal is to move. No "lose 20 pounds by April 1" or "melt 8 inches in 4 weeks." No huge diet changes other than drinking lots of water and cutting back on sweets - my biggest weakness. I have weighed and measured myself, as a before, so we'll see how those numbers change by next month.

So, my traditional less list will be back in April. I may continue to write an update each week with exactly what days I worked out, as a record to myself to transfer to my minibook at the end of March. And to keep myself motivated and accountable.

I'm going to check out our class message board and see what everyone else has chosen for their one little action in March. Feel free to share in the comments, whether you are a classmate or not, what your one little action would be. 

Each week I have been writing a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

No comments:

Post a Comment