Friday, March 23, 2012

5 favorites for Friday

It's been a very busy and fast week here. I haven't spent much time playing online, but I do have a few favorite posts to share from the past few days :
  1. Elise wrote a really good blog post this week about expertise. Love when she said "I am an expert at getting stuff done." And boy is she. It is a very good read - whether you are creative or crafty or have a lot on your plate. She proves that you don't have to be an expert, or pick and choose from the things you want to do. You just have to start. 
  2. Erica designs some very cool digital scrapbooking goodies for 2peas and every once in a while she shares a freebie on her blog. I LOVE the days of the week cards she posted this week. I will be printing them pronto!
  3. My friend Jenny linked to this article on her Facebook page about the Cardstar app. Apparently it lets you use your smartphone to scan in your loyalty cards (clothing and shoe stores, grocery stores, bookstores, office supply stores, you name it) so you don't have to carry them in your wallet/purse. Lots of other perks too that I want to check out. This it totally going on my less list soon!
  4. Do you need anymore Project Life inspiration or another reason to start your own? Geralyn Sy shared what she's done so far with her album and it is ah-ma-zing! She is doing it her own way, in an 8 1/2" x 11" format with baseball card page protectors and it is so damn cool. Very colorful and I love that she is documenting each month, as opposed to each week like it seems most people are. There is a lot of love in each and every pocket and I really adore that.
  5. And I'll end with something funny. If you are a parent, especially one to young children, you may get a kick out of this blog and this post. Ah, the joys of changing the diapers of a toddler. :) Sadly enough, this is the stuff that makes me laugh these days.
I've got info on another goodie too. Anyone local to Metro Detroit, Kelly Purkey is teaching two classes at Scrappy Chic in Livonia on Sunday, April 29. I signed up for the mini album class and am SO geeked. Anyone else in?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment