Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Project Life : Week 06

Week 06 : February 6-12

Photos : Morgan with an old friend, Parker's cereal bowl (minus the raisins), a self-portrait, Mark and his little snuggler, toothbrushing buddies, a new Dora + Diego adventure, the beginning of a shower repair, his and hers hot cocoa, me and my little snuggler and a Valentine's art project with Morgan + Parker.

Other Bits : the top of my hairdye box, another funny quote from Morgan and toilet paper roll artwork.

Insert : A Day in the Life : Wednesday February 8 : blogged about here

Full spread without the insert :
Close-up of left side :
Love this photo of the kids feet on their little step stools in the bathroom. You should have seen me run to the kitchen like a crazy lady to get the camera and get a picture.
Close-up of right side :
These Studio Calico wood houses kill me. I will be sticking them everywhere! The 'take' is an old handdrawn outline alpha stamp set from Fontwerks, designed by Nisa Fiin.
Mark suspected our shower was leaking water beneath the drain and he was right. He ended up removing all of the tile and the floor last weekend to find some standing water. Looks pretty, huh? Ugh! This will be the second repair and third tile job in a year. :(

The right half of the right side includes photos of Morgan and Parker working on their toilet paper roll heart paintings. Morgan was so precise and loved the finished result. Parker loved smashing his roll and smearing the paint all around. :) I clipped a portion of the dried artwork to the 3x4 slots along with an M (actually, an upside down W) and P to each. Morgan also experimented with white paint on red paper and I cut two of those hearts out and added them to each photo. The 'love' and 'smile' are Silhouette cuts using the font Pacifico. I tried just rounding the very outside corners of this half of the layout to show that those 4 slots 'go together' :
I added the layout from our Day in the Life as this week's insert. This is the front :
And the back :
You can see details, close-ups and other notes of our Day in the Life here.

Fun (Enabling!) Stuff I found in the last week :
  1. Love these Project Life journal cards at bananafishstudio. France's shop is full of all kinds of goodies!
  2. My currently post a couple weeks ago was inspired by Tina's currents series on her blog. She is now selling currents journaling cards in her shop. What a fun (and easy) way to incorporate these little bits of daily life in your Project Life!
  3. Studio Calico restocked a couple of stamp sets last week that are perfect for Project Life. I was lucky to get this Awesome set (that's now sold out) but the Epic set is fun too.
  4. Designer Digitals Quarterly Sale is going on now through Tuesday night. I'm thinking about putting these 6x12 templates from Ali Edwards in my cart. 
 
This week : in honor of Valentine's Day, I'm going with a theme. I made these 3x4 journaling cards on the Silhouette and splattered red watercolor paint on them. Each card is just a (roughly) 3x3 square with the words 'i love' (about 1" high) welded to the top. Again, the font is Pacifico

I plan on using all 8 in a row (on a Design A page protector), adding either a small Instagram photo or journaling. We'll see how it works out. This will be the first week I've had a theme or color scheme - kinda exciting!

I have linked up my Week 6 layout to Jessica's Project Life Tuesday post here.
If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week :

8 comments:

  1. I really like your pages - especially the sections with the children's artwork and showing them working on it.

    Those little houses are too cute.

    Looking forward to seeing those lovely journal cards next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages and especially the photo of the kids on the step stools!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Parker is crafting too! And, as always, quotes from Morgan. Can't wait to see next weeks pages with the "love" cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages! I love the big arrow & love your writing on the picture with the step stool.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of their feet on their bathroom step stools. Great point of view. Great pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok - maybe I'm just getting sappy, but I almost got choked up with the step stool photo. I love, love, love it! Love the art work - you are such a good mom.
    More than anything, I am just so glad to get to see more of you and your family, I do wish you lived closer.
    Look forward to seeing your themed pages next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo of the feet on the stools is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicole! So glad you stopped by and I'm glad I stopped by YOUR blog! LOVE your pages! Great photos and love those cards you made! SO pretty! Thanks for linking up on my blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete