Sunday, February 12, 2012

my less list : no 07

Short list this week. I read this tweet from Aby Garvey this morning and loved how it related to my word. "Limit the number of projects you have going at once. The fewer projects you're managing at once, the more you'll get done." I should print this and hang it up. Love it.
  1. No phone at the table during meals. I absolutely love my iPhone. Somedays maybe too much. ;) It is way too easy to get on it to check whatever. Email, Twitter, Pinterest. Even when (and probably especially when) it's just the kids and I, I want to fight the habit of playing on my phone while we are eating. By keeping the phone off the table during meals, I hope to eliminate that distraction of checking up on something that truly can wait. Pay attention to the people who are in front of me. This was easier than I thought, but I did pretty good keeping my phone off the table while we were eating. I know everyone is different, every family is different, but this is one habit I want to continue to fight because I don't want it to become a habit that Morgan + Parker pick up when they are older. That's just me. :) Who knows if it will help...
  2. Drink more water. Winter is always a tough time for me to want to drink anything but coffee, hot cocoa and chai. I have no goal to drink X amount of ounces. Just more than I'm drinking now, which sadly isn't much. I did well, but not awesome. The weekend is always tough, especially when we are away from home. Need to remember to take my water bottle with me when we are out and about too.
  3. Read Mindset for Moms. I got a free copy from Jamie Martin last week and after scanning through it tonight, it looks great! I read her book Steady Days last year and loved it. Especially the nice short chapters because I don't always have time to sit and read more than a couple pages at a time. Done, and it's a good read. We spent some time out of town this weekend and it was the perfect book to read in the car.
Each week I am going to write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my (now updated) less lists here.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! I feel like if I post online I'll be more responsible and want to achieve my goals. But then that would mean I'd have to post...

    ReplyDelete