Friday, February 10, 2012

Documenting A Day in the Life : Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I participated in Ali's A Day in the Life on Wednesday + today I put together a very simple page of mostly photos + words from our day. This is the front :
I loved the simplicity of last year's Week in the Life album, especially using the baseball card page protector + Ali's Week in the Life Journal Cards, so I based the layout for my Day in the Life the same way. I printed a few of the journal cards on cardstock for writing and also edited several to use as photo overlays. I chose 9 photos from our day (9 fit perfectly on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of photo paper), sized them down to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" in Photoshop Elements, and added a matching overlay to each photo. I filled the rest of the slots of the page protector with 'stuff' from our day plus a little journaling.
Above, the kraft WED (for Wednesday) card in the top left corner is a Silhouette cut I made. There is a similar one in the Silhouette shop but I thought I'd try to make my own. It was very simple! The white 8 is an old American Crafts Thicker.
The photos were looking a little bare so I added a 7 Gypsies sticker to each and wrote a smidge about the photo.

This is the back :
I left the WED card alone for the backside. I suppose that might bother some people, but it doesn't bother me. :) I attached a portion of the library's storytime calendar to the back with a Studio Calico arrow + 7 Gypsies sticker.
 
I used the mini fry box from Morgan's Happy Meal and trimmed it down to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" to fit in a slot. I folded up the receipt and stapled it to a 'money spent' card and slipped it inside the fry box.
I will be adding this single page as an additional insert for Week 6 of Project Life. Also, I am linking up to Ali's A Day in the Life | The Documentation post. If you are looking for inspiration or ideas for recording your own day in the life, check out Ali's + the others blog post links.

Products used :

5 comments:

  1. HA! I see the paper I used to make an envelope on your desk! How coincidental is that? Great minds think alike :)
    PS. That is my most favorite yogurt ever.
    PSS. Morgan is fabulous in those green glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the mcd's sleeve! :) I didn't do it this time, but may in a few months when i need an inspiration boost!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I love the McDonalds sleeve too! You are really making some cool things with the silhouette!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those bits of life. Absolutely terrific. I'm planning on doing this once a month starting next week. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas - just perfect.

    ReplyDelete