Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Project Life : Week 01

Ahh, here we go! My very first week of Project Life!

First, a little story. I've actually had the guts of this first week done for a couple weeks, except for having the photos printed. Our new printer has 8 cartridges (!) which includes a matte black for regular printing and a photo black for printing photos. The cartridges are interchangeable, depending on what you are printing. Well, apparently changing the cartridges back and forth wastes quite a bit of ink when it recharges and when I put our photo black cartridge back in to print my pictures, it said it was too low to use. There was still ink in the cartridge, but it wouldn't print. Serious bummer. So, not only am I stocked up on ink, but now I'm just going to leave the photo black cartridge in the printer until I bleed it dry and use our old printer for regular printing. Lesson learned. I'm sure it is the first of many in this journey. :)

Week 01 : January 01-08

Photos : running through the streamers in the kids area at IKEA, mini cupcakes from Grandma Frahm, my new favorite breakfast, lots of running around the house, a trip to the Secretary of State, a coffee + donut visit with a good friend, putting the Christmas decorations away + a lazy Sunday morning.

Other bits : a tweet from the Project Life goddess herself - Becky Higgins(!), a clip from an email from my dad, a Potbelly bag, the envelope from a birthday party invitation and a weather screenshot.

Insert : a drawing Morgan made on her easel. I folded it to fit in the page protector, but unfolded, it is a picture of her family (the four of us) in front of the house. She drew blue squiggles around it for our Christmas lights and a tree inside. LOVE the handwritten 'Mommy' + LOVE the heart! I'm using some 8.5" x 11" American Crafts page protectors that I already have, but I'm not crazy about the huge margin where the holes are punched. So I just trimmed off about half (so it would match the Project Life page protectors) and repunched new holes with my Crop-a-dile.

Click any of the photos below to enlarge. Left side with insert :
 Close-up of left side :
 Close-up of insert :
 Insert and right side :
 Close-up of right side :
 
I've included links below of most of the supplies I used. Like I've mentioned before, I am working to use up a lot of my stash - old patterned paper, stickers, alpha letters, labels - and some of it may be discontinued. So, if you have a question about what something is, feel free to ask in the comments.

Now that we are in Week 4 of Project Life, I thought I'd share what I've learned as a newbie so far (in a separate post) probably at the end of the week / weekend. First I want to get through sharing these first 3 weeks. Thanks, as always, for looking!

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

Products I used this week :

1 comment:

  1. i just love it so far!!!! i can't wait to see what the year brings for you to create some more fab pages!

    thanks for sharing :)

    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete