Sunday, January 22, 2012

my less list : no 04

  1. Cut back on pop. I have 2 cans left in the fridge which I may or may not drink, but I will not be putting anymore in the fridge + I will not buy anymore. It's silly how I crave one (and I don't drink more than one a day), but then it gives me such a stomachache. Time to just stop drinking it and start filling my belly with more water. Check plus. Both cans are gone and I didn't finish either one of them due to said tummy ache. Blech.
  2. Backup my computer. Not sure this has anything to do with 'less' - maybe less stress? :) It's been a couple months since I've backed everything up. Maybe this will be a reminder for you to do the same, especially if you have a lot of digital photos or scrapbooking files that you don't want to lose. Done. It took a couple hours, but it's an easy thing to let run in the background while I'm doing other things.
  3. Do a closet purge and make a wish list of what I'd like to replace the unwanted/unworn items with. Complete. Taking the bag of clothes I don't want/need anymore is on my less list #5.
  4. Participate in physical activity for 30 minutes at least 3 times this week. Work my way back into working out. The hardest part for me is just starting. Unsure if I succeeded at this or not. Does vacuuming count? Yes? Then yes, I passed. :)
I realized that these lists don't really mean much if I'm not letting you know my progress. I've gone back through the last 3 weeks and updated what I finished and what I didn't. I hope to continue to do that as I write my weekly lists, so it will keep me motivated + it will remind me of what I struggled with and need to work hard(er) on.
Each week I am going to write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here. You can read all of my less lists here.

This week : I have 17 albums to assemble + ship out (wow, thank you!) + the blog will be very Project Life heavy. I'm hoping to get caught up (on here) with weeks 1-3, plus a post about what I've learned so far during my first month as a Project Life newbie. What I do know for sure is that I love it! Be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your lists + accomplishments. Because of reading your blog, I have started making my own "5 things to do this week" rather than having a much longer list that is way too intimidating. DOing 5 little things a week will add up quickly!

    And on your more restful sleep adventure - I usually get up early to exercise before I go to work, so my goal is to be in bed by 10 (no later than 10:30 if I have to push it). My rate limiting step in getting there was getting ready for bed. So now I get ready for bed when my kids do (they are a older than yours at 7 &11). This has been working pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great idea Kendra! Part of my getting ready for bed routine includes prepping the kitchen for the next day. Our mornings are much less frazzled when I've got our breakfast supplies (including coffee!) out on the counter and ready to make. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete