Sunday, January 15, 2012

my less list : no 03

  1. Go through my magazine pile. It's not huge, just a small stack that has been sitting around since last fall. Right now, I don't subscribe to any magazines + I'm pretty okay with that. I only got through a few magazines + catalogs. I probably have 4-5 more to look at but I left them out in the living room to read + browse through during relaxing evenings.
  2. Make shower glass door cleaner. Done, and it works awesome!
  3. Peruse my Pinterest boards + make a list of activities to do with the kids. I'd like to get back into a 'school' groove with Morgan. We kind of slipped out of our routine between Thanksgiving + Christmas and I'd like to dedicate certain days + times to pure Morgan + Mommy time. The girl just loves to learn. We have lots of activities to choose from. Getting back into the flow is the next step.
  4. Shred the box of papers that have been sitting in the mudroom for way.too.long. A little bit a night shouldn't be too hard. This sucked. But it's done. I am adding 'shred unnecessary paperwork + receipts' to my monthly things to do list.
  5. Work on keeping the kitchen counter clear. It's cleaned off now - even the space I tend to make my paper piles at. Let's hope I can keep it that way. I did well with this one this week. Although I always seem to keep my Project Life planner + our camera on the counter, it did stayed clear for the most part. No more stacks of paper/mail/ads/paintings that sit there for more than a day.
Each week I am going to write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture. You can read more about my One Little Word, less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here.

I apologize for being so quiet here but I've been in a groove getting the 20 Questions albums ready to list in the shop this week. Yeah, this week! Blogging will probably continue to be weak until I get these little books prepped + ready to go. I will post here, as well as do a shop update when I have a firm release date.

I've also been hard at work on my Project Life layouts. Two weeks down and I am doing well and staying caught up. It is a learning process, that's for sure, but it's so fun! I do plan to share my weekly layouts, but probably not until next week at the earliest.

Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. I hear you about the piles on the counter! Just as mine gets cleared off I turn around and it's full again. Good luck with your LESS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can relate to the piles on the counter. I am very envious of those who have clear counter tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the counter piles. Troy constantly tells me I have to "declutter". That's his way of saying "get the crap off the counter"

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go!
    i blogged today about how your "less" word has been inspiring me!
    along with some other ramblings! ;)

    ReplyDelete