Wednesday, January 4, 2012

my less list : no 01

I learned last year that one of the best ways for me to keep my One Little Word on my mind is to write a list of what I want to get out of my word. You can read more about my word less, why I chose it + how I'm documenting it in 2012 here.

I have decided that each week I am going to write a short list, no more than 5 items long, of simple tasks that I want to complete during that week. Small things, not huge projects, that I can easily do in the span of 7 days. Things that will keep me focused + help me keep my eyes open to the big picture.

This is my less list for week one: edited to a typed list so I can share links :)
  1. Purge old makeup, clean makeup brushes + fill new bag with fresh supplies. Done - easy + fun!
  2. Add important dates to new paper calendar. Done.
  3. Choose a new bite to tackle. Done. I had a hard time choosing just one, so I'm trying to work on both getting more sleep + drinking more water.
  4. Finish organizing scrapbook supplies. Done. I love keep my craft space organized + finding containers from around the house to use. Though, I did find some fun metal bins + small felt baskets in the Target Dollar Spot that I couldn't pass up. ;)
  5. Breathe. You don't have to start every project this week. Always a work in progress + a good reminder.
I think this little list might be fun to add to my mini book every once in a while during the year. 
I also painted my word on a small black 4"x4" canvas I bought at Michaels. It's sitting on a shelf in my scrapbook room as a daily reminder of what I want for myself the next 12 months.

What are you doing to keep your word on your mind? Have you purchased jewelry featuring your word? Made artwork? Just keeping up with Ali's prompts? (I know it's only January!) :) Please share in the comments!

P.S. Thank you for all of the Project Life love yesterday. It doesn't get much better than seeing your name + scrapbook pages on Becky Higgins blog. Feeling pretty flattered to be a part of that long list of inspiration! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    I had no intention of choosing a word and it chose me instead. My word this year is "focus". I haven't done anything with my title page yet but would like to include my word on the back of it with an explanation of what it means to me. I haven't done this before and Ali has lot's of posts on it so I guess I have a lot of reading to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your word Tara. Focus was my word last year. :) I think incorporating your word into Project Life is a great idea and Ali's blog is FULL of inspiration. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I found your blog just in time for 2012! (Thank you Pinterest.) I've been reading regularly for a few weeks now. I hope you don't mind that I've completely stolen your idea of making weekly lists to focus on my OLW. It is so helpful to make a plan to take the baby steps necessary to achieve larger changes. My biggest challenge is feeling overwhelmed by a pressure to do everything perfectly and right now! But that is so paralyzing. I promised myself I would take baby steps this year so that I don't burn out after just weeks (like I have in the past). Your idea to break it down into easy-to-do lists each week will be a tremendous help to me. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete