Monday, January 9, 2012

The Completed December Daily 2011 Album

My December Daily album for 2011 is officially done! About two months earlier than last year. Not bad, not bad at all.

All of my full size (6x8) photos were printed at Persnickety Prints and I highly recommend them! My prints turned out so crisp and clear - especially the text or overlays on the photos (which was my biggest concern). If you don't print at home, especially for a big photo-centric project like this, you might want to try them out.

Now, the album in its entirety. You can click on any image to make it larger + read the journaling. I hope you are comfy.
 
You can read about how I made my cover + foundation pages here.

Inside the envelope is the photo that Focal Point took of the kids with Santa :
 I added a little note on the back about each of their reactions to the big guy :

 Loved this Desiderata poem that Tara Whitney shared here.
Had to add it to my album as well.
Once again, I asked the guys at the tree lot for our price tag to add to my album. Once again I got a few funny looks. Yeah, sorry dude, it's just for my scrapbook. :)
 Morgan draws a lot! Using her artwork on the back of my full page photos was a great filler.

 On this day, I added an envelope to slip the Christmas card we sent out this year.
 The left side (above) is a printout from TV Guide's website of the special holiday shows that would be on TV in December. I checked off the ones I wanted to remember to watch and/or record on the DVR.
 Part of our morning at the Henry Ford was a station for the kids to write a letter to Santa and put it in the mailbox. Morgan's is above (with a little spelling help from Mommy).
 This page protector is a business card holder for a full size binder. I cut off the top 4 sections, repunched the holes and folded it in half to fit inside my album. Inside I slipped in clothing tags and receipts from our day of errand running. The bottom right section is filled with star punchouts - inspired by all of the fun confetti pages I've seen around. :)
 On this day, I wrote a little about our nightly Christmas book opening and reading. On the left side I included a list of the books we wrapped. You can read more about that here.

 I LOVED Shimelle's manifesto she wrote at the beginning of December + again,
had to include that (and credit her) in my album.

 I wrote briefly about my adventures in baking while trying to occupy Morgan + Parker here.
Had to include that in the album! :)

 The card on the left side is from my sister and her family. This was my twin nephews first
Christmas and I included one of their photos in behind the card.
See, more coloring / artwork on the left.
 Inside the envelopes are notes I made about things I love about Morgan + Parker right now.
Just some fun everyday type stuff.
 The left side (above) is the note that Morgan left with Santa's milk, cookies + carrots. :)
 I admittedly did not take very many pictures on Christmas Day. We did set up the tripod + timer to get this photo of my family before they all left at the end of the night.
Are you still with me? Are you still awake? High five to you if you are. If you have any questions - fire away in the comments. And as always, thank you for looking + reading!

11 comments:

  1. Love your December Daily! I love the big photos, envelops and the details of your book! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome! I should have peeked when I was there the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We'll see you again soon, Sue. I'll get it out next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! Especially the big photos and your assortment of patterned paper. Oh, yes and Parker's HO HO HO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome!! You make me want to get back into scrapbooking again! Maybe after the baby is born...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW is all I can say. So many perfect details on each page. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that was my comment, not Troy's! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I'll be back for peeks. I still need to finish my DD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your december daily books are amazing! I am interested in making something like this to incorporate a few things -- a monthly picture of my daughter/some journaling/piece of her artwork. Could you explain the process of how you made your book a little more (i.e. cover, inside pages, etc). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can read more about how I put together my foundation pages + made the cover here : http://reavespartyofthree.blogspot.com/2011/11/december-daily-2011-cover-foundation.html

      Delete