Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week in the Life : Progress + a Sneak Peek

I'm moving right along with my Week in the Life album. I'd say I'm over 75% done - all I have left are the words + journaling.
Yesterday, I made some date accents to go on each of the daily opening pages. Even though my album is mostly digital, I loved adding these little bits of flair. :) I used Ormolu's digital/printable number tags and 2-Day Hooray Days of the Week button embellishments, plus some 7 Gypsies naked mini label stickers to hand write the month of "July". Here is a little close-up :
The buttons are awesome - very versatile and so many designs to choose from. And the number tags. Well, let's just say that this is already the third scrapbooking project that I've included them in. You'll see them again in Parker's album.

And the inevitable mess that is my workspace. Every time I get a little blip of time to work on this project, I open my album and realize how full and complete (and intense) this process is. I don't want to miss a thing. I want to make sure I capture every little bit of our life in this one week. But, I also want to be done.
I got my Persnickety Prints order on Monday (fast, huh?) and was itching all afternoon to slip my layouts into the page protectors. They turned out wonderfully, and like I've told several friends, I never would have gotten this far in this project without doing the photo collages digitally. I did leave some room to add a little patterned paper strip and an accent or two, but here is a peek at one of the collages as it stands now.
The end is in sight. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the embellishments in the first two pics. Those buttons are over the top! This looks like an overwhelming project. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes love the buttons! I'm in awe at how you always just put things together. Your simple layouts aren't ever too "plain" and your other "busier" layouts are never over done. Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete