Friday, August 5, 2011

step away from the computer

My head is spinning from sitting in front of this computer. Must take a break. I think my main man will be the first to agree.

I've been working hard (read: several loonnnnngg evenings) this week to get the digital portion of my Week in the Life album complete. Everything was 'done' on Wednesday night and last night I uploaded all 33 files, plus 17 more - which included 12 photo collages for Parker's first year album and some loose photo enlargements for other random projects and frames that I've been wanting to fill. Remember Morgan's 20 questions project? And the February One Little Word prompt? Those were in my order too.

I already got an email from Persnickety Prints that my order is on it's way!! Yippee! While Parker is napping and Morgan is having some quiet time in her room, I've been moving my completed digital layouts off my computer and onto my thumb drive. Which is now full. Then one thing led to another and I started rearranging my layouts and supplies folders - deleting, consolidating, renaming - trying to figure out my end goal for storing all of these files. My eyes are getting buggy. Too much screen time this week. But man, is digital scrapbooking easy! I never would have gotten 33 paper layouts done in 4 days otherwise. I still love me some paper, but I'm now officially hooked on digi.

It's been a nice week away from the camera. I probably won't bring it out again until our camping trip. :) Ali gave us our One Little Word assignment on Monday and it is uber-simple. I think there are a lot of us that needed an easy end-of-summer prompt this month.

As for the family, this weekend we are going to Mark's company picnic (and I am entering these in their dessert contest) and I'm cropping with my mom and Kristin on Sunday. Once I scrapbook Parker's birthday, his album will be pretty much done.

There are lots of projects to share. And I'm hoping someday, maybe as the summer winds down, I can get back into some more consistent blogging. I'm still trying to figure out how to work that into my day. I've done it before. Can I do it again?

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That dessert is making me drool. Troy and I think you will win the contest. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I LOVE scrapbook paper, but I have to admit when I seen you working on Parker's album, digital looks like it could be a lot of fun.

    A dessert contest????? Can I be a judge? ha ha Hope you and the fam have an awesome time & good luck.

    ReplyDelete