Monday, July 11, 2011

scrapbooking on the brain

I've got visions of paper and photos dancing in my head, and lots of scrapbooking projects coming down the pipes for the rest of the summer. I'm feeling a groove coming back and I like that!

First off, yesterday I got a nice chunk of Parker's first year scrapbook completed while visiting and cropping with my mom and sister. Without getting up to go count, I'd say I have nearly 20 pages finished. It's really fattening up nicely. Here's a peek at a few layouts :
As tempted as it is to keep going with this album, I'm going to take a little break and work on some other projects. This week I'm going to tackle my One Little Word July prompt so that next week I can prepare my supplies for A Week in the Life at the end of the month. This will be my third attempt at finishing this project. In 2008, I didn't feel like I had a complete record of notes and photos, so I pitched it and moved on. In 2010, I was 6 weeks away from Parker being born, and while I did really well with taking photos, making notes and blogging daily, I never did anything after 'the week' was over. I'm hoping 2011 is different. I'm already more prepared, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Are you doing A Week in the Life at the end of the month? What are you doing to prepare? Any veterans have tips for getting the physical album done?

No comments:

Post a Comment