Friday, March 4, 2011

Project: Simplify

I got the book, Organized Simplicity, for Christmas and have been absorbing bits and pieces of it for the last couple months. The author, Tsh Oxenreider, is also the writer behind Simple Mom and she has come up with a great 5-week spring cleaning project to help you tackle some of the trouble spots in your home. Next Monday is the beginning of Project Simplify. Here are the details from her website:
  • On Monday, I’ll announce that week’s “hot spot” project.
  • You’ll have the week to declutter, clean, and organize that area — don’t forget to take “before” and “after” photos (no straightening up ahead of time, either!).
  • On Friday, I’ll reveal my own “before” and “after” photos.
  • You’ll also post your photos and write about your experience on your own blog, then link to it on Simple Mom.
  • If you don’t have a blog, you can share your “before” and “after” photos in the Simple Living Flickr pool, describing your experience in the photos’ description. (You can also do this even if you have a blog.) 
  • Rest from the week’s hard work by browsing everyone else’s photos (and find inspiration for the next project!).
  • Cross your fingers in hopes that you’ve won that week’s giveaway.
So, for the next 5 Fridays, I will be posting my before and afters. I'm excited to see what the hot spots are. I know I have several areas in our house that could be in better order! Does anyone else want to play along?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to play along, but perhaps on a different 5 weeks! Not sure how many Friday's I could make it to before these little boys come! =) Can't wait to see what you do though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I finally got the ambition and the determination to tackle the basement. Lots of purging, cleaning and organizing. I'm looking forward to your projects tho.

    ReplyDelete