Wednesday, March 9, 2011

more Parker updates

Parker had his 9 month checkup this morning. His stats are:

Height: 29 inches
Weight: 20 pounds 6 ounces

The doctor said all looks great and she had some encouraging words for me about Parker's sleep. Or lack of sleep. As of late, most nights are better than others, and I continue to remind myself that he is a baby, and he is teething, and he is not Morgan. He is my beautiful baby boy and I know that he, and I, will sleep through the night again, someday. Other than that, he didn't need any vaccinations this time (yeah!), just a couple of finger picks to test his hemoglobin (which is good) and something else that escapes my mind right now. Ah, mommy brain. Her only note of mention was that she thinks, because of the shape of the tip of his tongue, he might be tongue-tied. Parker wasn't cooperating with anyone trying to jam their finger in his mouth to check. He obviously isn't having any problems nursing because of it. The only other issue he could have (if he really is tongue-tied) is his speech. Time will tell with that.

And, this is a clip from Parker's first 'art' project on Monday. I thawed some carrot baby food cubes to test his desire to eat the 'paint.' And he did. I knew it! In hindsight, I should have thinned it down more to make it look like paint and not food. Oh well, it was still really cute and fun:

During our craft supply shopping spree on Monday, I found a 16" x 20" canvas for Parker to paint on. Someday soon, I'm going to have him make his first piece of real art for his room. Something to match the one Morgan made in daycare when she was 4 months old. I think we might have to make it when Mark is home so I can keep his hands out of his mouth and still have photographic evidence. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment