Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Completed December Daily 2010 Album

2 months later, I've finally finished my December Daily album. I'm glad it's done (and my workspace is cleaned up and put away) and I really love how it turned out. It's so thick! It's mostly photos and journaling, just as I was expecting, but some of the other little bits and pieces I added to fill in blank space included Morgan's coloring pages and artwork, wrapping paper, holiday catalog clippings, Christmas cards and envelopes, and shopping bags and receipts.

Here it is, page by page. You can click on any photo to see it larger. Go grab a beverage too, it's a long one. :)
 
If you have a question about a particular page, shoot me a comment. And if you made it this far, thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I wish I could just add things here and there to a scrapbook and make it work like you do. Great job sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word--awesome! All the photos and journaling, something everyone will cherish forever. You even made me cry. (darn you) I hope you'll do this every year. It's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just wanted to say that your Dec. Daily turned out great. I saved your blog in my favorites way back when Ali E. had people linking in. (I didn't link in, I just liked checking out everybody else's stuff.) I saw your cover and loved it and decided I wanted to see how the inside turned out. I have yet to even get my pictures printed out, or finish last year's, for that matter. So congrats! You have a beautiful finished album :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great, NIcole! I still have to finish mine. Maybe next week when i return from Florida :)
    Love the new banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's been a couple months since you've posted this...but I found a link to this post from Pinterest! I'm wanting to do my very fist December Daily this year, but can't decide what to make the actual book from. What did you use to make it so sturdy?? Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Emily! This album cover is very easy to make. The 'sturdiness' comes from a piece of chipboard that I covered in cardstock. The cardstock was about 2 inches bigger (one inch margin all the way around) and I wrapped it, almost like a gift, and glued it to the backside. Then I covered the back (or inside) with another piece of cardstock that was about 1/2" smaller than the cover.

    If you look at the third photo, you can kind of see how the paper overlaps. I hope this makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... what a work of art! i love your handwriting- did you teach yourself how to write like that? just beautiful. i can picture your kids looking back on each of your scrapbooks when they are older reminiscing... especially those special holiday events! i will be *trying* to do something along these lines. i think i should start small and by the time our little spud is bigger maybe i will have it down (like 50% of what you do) thanks for sharing all those pages!!

    ReplyDelete