Thursday, July 1, 2010

2 year + 2 week checkups

Parker was due for his 2 week checkup last week, and with the help of Kristin, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and take Morgan along for her 2 year appointment. I think we will be making a lot of joint doctor visits in the future, seeing as their birthdays are only 2 days apart.

I really love their new pediatrician. Especially how she communicated with Morgan. Rather than asking me if she was doing certain things, she would ask Morgan. Or ask Morgan to show her how she can jump, or touch her toes, or other simple tasks
.

And of course we couldn't leave the office without a tearjerker. Morgan was due for 2 vaccines and after the nurse gave her the shots, I held Morgan and comforted her. She picked her head up off my shoulder and said "I'm sorry mommy", like she had done something wrong to get the shots? I tried to explain to her that we need the shots so she stays healthy and doesn't get sick. Oh man - like I haven't been emotional enough! Every other phrase that comes out of that girls mouth sends me over the edge. Poor thing!

Here are their stats:

Morgan: 2 years old
27.5 pounds
34 inches tall

50th percentile throughout


Parker
: 2 weeks old
10 pounds 14 ounces (up 1 pound 3 ounces in 13 days)

22 inches tall
90th percentile throughout

No comments:

Post a Comment