Friday, August 8, 2008

Our Week in Review

And what a week it has been! I have never felt so happy, sad, thrilled, angry, proud and hysterical in such a short amount of time. I guess I should start at the beginning.

Last Saturday we drove around town looking at some of the houses that are being auctioned off this weekend. 2 in Ferndale, one each in Beverly Hills, Royal Oak and Farmington Hills. They were supposed to be having open houses, but only one was 'open'. We were able to peek in through the windows of the other homes - not exactly how I want to go about buying a home. Tomorrow is the auction and I'm really not sure what to expect. I think we are going to go just to get a feel for how it works, not necessarily to bid on anything (unless it's in our price range). There is another auction in September that I hope we can be better prepared for.

Later that day, the three of us headed out to Lansing to met baby Brody. What a little babe! Mom and baby are doing great and I've got to admit I am terribly jealous of Andrea's incredibly quick labor. You go, girl! I hope all is well and everyone is getting their sleep (at night!)
We stayed the night with Grandma and Grandpa Goulding and after breakfast we visited Nick and Caroline and their new American Mastiff puppy, Maizey.
She has got to be one of the sweetest little dogs I have ever met. So calm and well mannered. I think she liked Morgan too!
Back at home, it was time to get to business and get everything ready for Morgan's first day in daycare. We had laundry to do, nipples and pacifiers to sterilize, bottles to fill, bags to pack. It was a long day, but we also made time to play and relax. Her head control and neck strength get better every day so we thought it was time to buy her Bumbo chair.
And she loves it! She loves to look around, and like father, like daughter, loves watching TV. I'm not sure she can see much anything other than blurry light but she seems pretty distracted by it - just like dad.
Monday was a rough day. I knew it was going to be difficult leaving our little girl in daycare, but I didn't expect to feel so terribly guilty. I have never felt so miserable in all my life...and I'll just leave it at that. It was a hard hard day. But each day, just like the days after Morgan was born, got easier and easier. I still miss her though. I miss this.
Morgan has been handling it a lot better than mommy has. Along with her regular feeding and napping, she has lots of interaction with the other children and teachers. They sing, read books, play patty-cake and she gets some tummy time too. I look forward to watching our social butterfly grow in this little learning environment. She is a Gemini after all! (wink wink Aunty K!)

Fast forward to Thursday. Mark and I took Morgan for her 2 month doctors appointment and she is doing great. At 11 pounds, 14 ounces (up almost 2 pounds in 6 weeks) and 24 1/2 inches long, she is growing and thriving just as she should. The doctor called her long and lean :) She is in the 95th percentile for her height and the 75th percentile for her weight and head circumference. She also received her first round of immunizations. Morgan was pretty unhappy after the shots but we quickly calmed her with a bottle and lots of cuddling. By the time we left the examination room she was all smiles again and didn't hold a grudge against us or her nurse Abby. I think the shots left her pretty drowsy though since she's spent much of the last 24 hours sleeping. She was a superstar and we are thrilled that she didn't have any adverse reactions or lasting pain.

Well, I think this post is long enough. As we continue to get our evening routine down, I hope to fit in some more frequent blogging, even if it is just a quick picture of Morgan. Hope you all have a nice weekend and enjoy cooler weather. G'night!

1 comment:

  1. She is so dang cute!! Ferndale is a GREAT place to live, btw.