Monday, July 28, 2008

a surprise, a reunion and more

Hello! Another weekend has come and gone. Another weekend full of visiting family and friends. Friday evening we greeted dad with a surprise birthday visit. We enjoyed some yummy burgers and lots of laughs until Miss Morgan let us know it was way past her bedtime. On this evening though, her fussiness was happily followed by 9.5 hours of sleep. We had to wake her up! I don't mean to brag about her sleep habits, but ever since she was born, I was expecting way worse. As Mark says, this is natures way of tricking us into having more kids. Mmm...not yet babe!

Saturday we headed over to Lansing (well actually, Eagle) for the Reaves family reunion. Mark's grandpa has 13 brothers and sisters, so their get-togethers are quite impressive! The photo above is only part of his immediate family, including 4 children and their spouses, 12 grandchildren and their spouses, and 8 great-grandchildren! We met lots of new family, caught up with the ones we haven't seen since Christmas (!), showed off the newest little Reaves and enjoyed some great food.

On our way out of town, we stopped to see Tim and Andrea. Their little boy, Brody, should be here any day now and we can't wait to meet him. His nursery is ready (and adorable...I'm so jealous!) and his mommy and daddy are pretty anxious for his arrival. It's an amazing time - and soon it'll be hard to remember what life was like without all these little ones in our lives. Morgan already has so many instant friends!
It's going to be a blast watching them grow up together.

We also made a stop at Grandma and Grandpa Goulding's. They gave us a catalog of foreclosed homes in Michigan that are going up for auction in a couple weeks and Mark and I have found several that we are interested in. Right now, we have it narrowed down to at least two homes that we plan on visiting during an open house this weekend. I think this is going to be a great opportunity to purchase a nice home for a steal and get out of this condo (and more importantly, get Morgan her very own bedroom!). Well, of course we still have to sell our condo. It's not the ideal situation (and one I was hoping to avoid) but maybe we can afford both for a little while. Maybe.

Sunday was a get stuff done day. Depending on Morgan's mood, some days are easier than others to run errands, do laundry, clean...but it's a lot easier when Mark is around. So that's when I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, going through my to do list with the intention of checking things off. Yesterday was one of those days, but today I ended up adding a lot more to that list. Not all of it is 'I've gotta do this right now' important, but I'm learning very quickly that if I don't write everything down that I will forget. Plus, that's just what I do - make lists. You could say I'm a list freak!

Today was our last weekly lunch date with Mark. :( Tomorrow we are planning to visit Aunty K at her place and Wednesday she will be here to see us. I'm hoping for a nice and slow week as this is the last week I get to enjoy my days with Morgan, then its back to work. We won't talk about that right now.

Until next time, here's a little group photo. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment