Monday, March 3, 2014

Project Life Week 7 : Office Hours

Week 7 : February 10 - 16

It was Valentine's week, Morgan revealed her first wiggly tooth, I had a lunch date with a friend and went on a solo IKEA trip, and Parker was saying some pretty adorable stuff. I'm loving three and a half - for the most part. Here is a look at the resulting Project Life spread, using the Studio Calico Office Hours kits, including the add-ons, Spreadsheet + Report.
This left side is a modified Design C page protector and holds the only 4x6 photos I used in this spread. Everything else was 3x4 cards, photos + stuff :
The last two years, I was so used to primarily taking my pictures landscape/horizontal and rarely took a vertical picture because I was most concerned with filling the 4x6 pockets in a Design A page protector. While I liked the rhythm I was in (and always knew how many photos I'd need each week), I wanted to change it up this year.
I've also made it a priority to plan my spreads before printing the photos. Especially now that I'm mixing up the page protectors. And the bonus to having more 3x4 pockets? Getting to use more of the kit journaling cards and printables in each spread. And turning what could have been just a filler card (like the golden card above) into much more by adding some journaling and a vellum sticker.
Love the 'fact 02' card above. There are several in that set so you can pick and choose colors that work best for you. I went with pink to balance out the pink on the right side, which is a Design F page protector I modified to hold 12 3x4's :
The tiny green alpha in the Spreadsheet add-on is adorable. They are the perfect size for Project Life and because they are a part of the Color Theory line, they come in a ton of other colors.
One of my favorite cards in this spread was made with the woodgrain you+me card in Spreadsheet plus several of the printable labels. I arranged four of them on the top portion of the card and trimmed the excess of the edges. Then I filled in each label with embellishments, like the pink chipboard hearts or vellum phrase stickers, the date and some journaling. Such a fun way to dress up a journaling card.
Those little black chalkboard tabs (above) are a part of the Report add-on and they are awesome. There are chalkboard embellishments in both Project Life add-ons this month and no matter which one you get, you'll also get a chalk marker to write on them with. They are wonderfully smooth - a big plus for me.

I plan on working on Week 8 + 9 later this week and use up the rest of my kits before digging into April. :)

2014 Project Life essentials : Studio Calico Project Life kits / We R Memory Keepers Greige Albums / Design C + F photo page protectors / corner rounder / tiny attacher / precision pens / Alte Haas Grotesk font

2 comments:

  1. I love your style of PL and most of all, I'm craving for your handwriting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! It seems so interesting' Will also try to make something like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete