Friday, March 8, 2013

This is Me

I am a major mini album lover. I love condensing everything from new traditions to our vacations in small bound books and albums, so it's no surprise that I'm very excited about Lexi Bridges class, This is Me, that will begin on April 1st over at Studio Calico.
What is it about? Documenting your story. Yup, you. Imagine that! It's a goal of mine every month, every week, to get a little more me in my Project Life albums but sometimes that doesn't always happen. Or sometimes what I want to share or write about it is a little too personal for our family album.

I started putting together a Handbook at the beginning of the year as a way to simply document two other classes that I'm chipping my way through this year - Elise's I Choose self paced class and Cathy's Move More Eat Well 2.0, both over at Big Picture Classes. Following a very loose format of filling in those little pockets I love so much with topics I feel are all about me - my goals + wishes, my struggles + fears, my loves + loathes (is that a word?) - I think Lexi's class and the content (and that awesome class kit, the printables and diecuts) are going to be a perfect way to round out my album. Here's a peek at the class kit, which is available while supplies last and ships for free anywhere :
And this week I started pulling together some of my own supplies to supplement my album.
The awesome little wood box was a find in Target's dollar spot ($3 to be exact). I've included Tina's currents stamp, Natalia's prompt cards, pretty papers + Hambly transparencies, veneers + badges and a lot of the one-of-a-kind journaling cards from my Project Life kits that I'm hoarding. I think this album will be a perfect home for them.
I've also started printing the printables (which will be available for students when class starts April 1st) and labels on Silhouette sticker paper. I'm pretty much obsessed with that print + cut feature!

As if April wasn't already going to be an awesome month. This class is just going to be the icing on the birthday cake. ;)

Today : I am in the midst of making 100 lists - packing, vacation prep, things to do, things to buy - plus a much needed haircut and fresh highlights. Hooray for sunshine blasting through our windows + the motivation to get stuff done today. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely Nicole - can't wait to see your 'This Is Me' album as it progresses.

    And where are you going for vacation!?

    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronnie! We are going to Jamaica. I can't wait!

      Delete