Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Project Life : Week 8 Insert

Celeste, Gayatri and I have a post up on the Studio Calico blog featuring how we each used the vellum die cut frames from the Sundrifter line.
I decided to make a Project Life insert for Week 8 highlighting a date weekend my husband and I had back in February. I used the Design G page protector and filled the slots with photos, journaling and a little memorabilia.

Here is the front :
This weekend was a sort of trial run at being away because Mark and I were taking our first vacation alone without the kids in March. Believe it or not, in our almost 5 years of being parents, this was our first overnight together away from Morgan and Parker. And everything went great, of course.

We did a lot of shopping, eating and even fit in a museum tour. It was really awesome and long overdue. Back to the layout...
I used a vellum frame here as a journaling block. I added a little patterned paper strip to the bottom along with a leftover scrap of a die cut banner and an R sticker and then layered and sewed on the vellum frame. Journal inside the square and done.

And the back :
I used another vellum frame as a faux pocket to hold our hotel key and stitched it onto a piece of patterned paper :
And then one more over a photo. Love how that zigzag stitch hops over the edges of the frame :
Hope you come over to the blog and see what the other ladies did with the vellum frames. You can see the post here, along with a full supply list.

1 comment:

  1. nice! I never realized that those frames were vellum...so much for reading and paying attention! ;)

    ReplyDelete