Friday, March 1, 2013

I Choose : March

Yay March! I always tend to jump the gun when flipping the calendar to the next month because I love a fresh start. I am not sad to see February go. It was an okay month but I'm so ready to get on with it.

My I Choose progress wasn't great in February. Decent, but not at all what I was hoping to accomplish in four weeks. I was unexplainably exhausted for much of the month and rather than be bummed about what I didn't do, I'm starting over with a new list. As a side note (and a kick in the pants), I was completely inspired this week by Ronnie's time management and project management posts. I am rethinking my day to day tasks as well as what my priorities are - regarding my family, my commitments and myself.

Onward to March. This is what I'd like to tackle :
Around the House : Mark and I went shopping last weekend to get a few things for our upcoming trip to Jamaica. When I hung my new finds up in the closet, I saw so many clothes that I don't even wear anymore. Whether from being overworn, stained, or that I'm just plain uncomfortable in them. I like to go through my closet every year or so to weed out the clothes that have seen better days, so this month I will dedicate to a good purge and hope to replace with a few new favorites.

Creative : Right now I'm between assignments and I got in the mood to start Morgan's childhood Project Life album. I bought the Mayfield childhood mini kit about a month ago and I've decided to do this really simply. I have a lot of opportunities to be creative with the Studio Calico kits and my own Project Life album so for this one I'm just going to focus on using the kit with Morgan's photos and preschool projects. Once I get to a point where I can call it done or caught up, I'd love to share it here on the blog. It's such a cute kit. I'm really excited to do this!

Routine : I've never been the best of friends with Facebook. As of late, I've read from people that I know (and don't know) that I am not alone. If you've been around here for a while, you've read my own personal gripes about it. Sometimes the best I can do for myself - my time, my attitude and my self esteem - is just not log on. I've stepped back from Facebook before and I'm doing it again. Have you ever taken a Facebook break?

Health + Wellness : While I've been pretty good about watching what I eat, my portion control and drinking more water, I haven't done a whole lot about adding more good food into my diet. Especially fruits + veggies. Maybe it's the cold weather and my desire for comfort food? This shouldn't be difficult, other than overcoming my laziness, because I buy plenty each week when I go grocery shopping. So instead of just eating a bowl of cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, I'll add a handful of berries or a sliced banana to it. At lunch, I'll replace the crackers or pretzels with baby carrots and red bell pepper strips. And it shouldn't be hard to double the recipe of the smoothies I make for Morgan and Parker and have one with them. I feel like I do a good job making sure my kids are eating a balanced diet (when they feel like eating, of course) - I should be doing the same for myself.

I have so much to look forward to this month. Let's do this, March. On a related side note, I have a couple of one little word journals left in my shop if you want one before they are gone.

Today : I've got coffee in my system and a mega list of to-do's to divvy up for the next couple weeks. Kindergarten registration, packing, haircuts, gift shopping and some creative play are just the beginning. Here's to a great month. Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. great post!! love how organized you are and the goals that you set.
    I am definitely scheduling things in and out more to be more intentional with my days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lots of reminders about 'why' I'm doing things going on here as well. So glad I've got you around for encouragement and support!!

      Delete
  2. I find I do the same with my kids they have a healthy diet while I am not as good. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your I Choose posts ... I'm "doing" I Choose as well - like it. Hard for me to focus on the few areas and not just make a ginormous task list. I gave up fb long ago.

    Dawn
    dmg314

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to just choose a few at a time - I know my 'master' list is way long!

      Delete
  4. I need to better about my I Choose goals! I always love how you organize your ideas! Maybe I'll try to write all mine down today during my free time! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, I hear ya Stephanie! Thank you! ;)

      Delete
  5. I hear you on the Facebook front - I let my husband fill me in of the 411 of our Facebook friends I was starting to get the "Their grass sure looks greener " over there kind of feeling :)
    I was happy for my friends who were treaking the Great Wall of China, or running Marathons in Hawaii, or lunching in Paris. But sometimes you have to stop the noise and focus on you and be grateful.....

    ReplyDelete