Wednesday, March 6, 2013

By the Numbers


One day last month I started keeping track of how often I was performing ordinary tasks around the house that day - how many loads of laundry I washed, how many diapers I changed, how many books I read to my kids - just to name a few.
intended on making it a part of my Project Life spread for that week but decided to dedicate a full layout to it instead. I lightly drew pencil lines below the photo strip for journaling as guidelines for my text and number stickers. Then I just machine stitched over the the pencil to add a little interest.
I love those sheets of Studio Calico alpha stickers and this is a great way to use up the numbers too!


patterned paper - Snippets Wow ; chipboard - Snippets Chipboard Speech BubblesSnippets Chipboard Stars ; brads - Snippets Epoxy Brads ; stickers - Sundrifter Tiny Brown AlphaSnippets 12x12 Sticker Sheet ; date stamp - Calico V.3 roller date stamp ; ink - Hero Arts Mid-Tone Tide Pool ; pen - Micron .03 

6 comments:

  1. Very cool layout. Love the idea and love your execution. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And such a pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely beautiful! Your handwritting is awesome by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page Nicole! After reading your journaling, I've wonder how many times I've done the same things (ie changed a diaper, reheated coffee, answered the question "what's that") Very clever and creative. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly brilliant. The re-heating coffee bit? Um, yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome idea, Nicole! And it looks gorgeous too.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete