Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Choose : February

January was a great month. A great start to the year and I got several things done that I had on my list. Now, onto February. This is a bit of what I have in mind :
Around the House : we've been living in this house for nearly four years and the big renovations have been complete for at least 2. Sadly, our walls are still very empty. Most of that is due to my fear of commitment on what to hang and where, so this month I want to try to change that. Print some favorite photos, find frames for art and prints I've been collecting. Just start.

Creative : the idea to make my own personal Project Life-style album came about a couple weeks ago when I was really trying to come up with a plan on how I was going to document this "I Choose" journey. Some goals just aren't going to be worthy of a layout or a full page in a minibook, but I felt like I wanted a place to write about it nonetheless. Plus, I'm taking Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Well class and I wanted somewhere to keep track of my progress there. To be honest, I felt kind of awkward devoting an entire album to just my health and fitness goals. This little album is really just going to be a collection place for leftover journaling cards that I loved from the Studio Calico kits, pretty papers, inspiring quotes and notes from the projects I mentioned above. It's where I'll choose to do more personal, diary-like, journaling rather than in my family's Project Life album. I know it sounds totally vague right now, but I'll share bits and pieces of what I've gotten done so far later this month.

Routine : once my kids are in bed and I'm finished getting ready for the following day, if I feel like vegging for the evening, I often do it in front of the computer screen - reading blogs, checking Pinterest, message boards, drafting a blog post. This month I'm going to choose to spend that 'veg time' with a book instead of my laptop. I have a pile of books I haven't touched and I'd love to read at least one of them this month.

Health + Fitness : this one is pretty straightforward. I jumped back on the 30 Day Shred train last week and I want to stay on through February. Funny how a tropical vacation can motivate you to lose a little flab.

My monthly I Choose posts + projects are inspired by Elise's I Choose class at Big Picture Classes. You can read all of my 2013 I Choose posts here. The journal that I'm using to document my ideas can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of having your own mini PL. So awesome to see the way you make your goals a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I LOVE what you have chosen as your goals for February! Doing your own mini PL-style album is a brilliant idea. And I know exactly what you mean about reading a book instead of surfing the web on the iPad. As for fitness, I've been doing P90X with my husband, but this week I did 30 Day Shred twice. I still love that workout!

    ReplyDelete