Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day in the Life : January 31, 2013

A couple weeks ago I decided to join Ali Edwards when she announced she would be documenting a day in the life once a month this year. I opted to add a baseball card style page protector as an insert into my Project Life album for that week and used the stamp set and printables for March's class at Studio Calico, You've Got Mail. Nope, they aren't just for cardmakers!

Front :
I used the labels and the 'day' stamp throughout to unify this little insert. The printables are easy to print on your favorite white cardstock and then use scissors to trim them out, but now that I know how to use the print and cut feature on the Silhouette, I've been printing my labels on sticker paper and then sending it through the Silhouette to individually cut them and then I can just peel one off when I need it. So much fun (and addictive!) If you are interested in giving it a shot, I highly recommend Leena's tutorial here (and try it on cardstock first before potentially wasting a sheet of sticker paper.) :)
Back :
 
The pink 'watching' card above is from Design Editor. You can find it here.
The 'lotsa' and row of tiny hearts stamps are two of my favorites in this set.
I added a plastic file tab (purchased at an office supply store) to the edge of the page protector and simply wrote 'day in the life' on it and slipped it in.
Easy and done. Snag this stamp set while supplies last by signing up for You've Got Mail here and it will ship for free no matter where you are! Plus you'll get access to all of the awesome printables and Silhouette cut files when class begins on March 1st. This class is for card makers, wannabe card makers and paper crafters alike. Hope to see you then!

6 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Nicole! I love all the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout - and the idea. This is a more acheiveable layout design for me! And love the idea of the plastic file tab too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Ali Edwards is full of awesome ideas and I love this insert size to add to Project Life.

      Delete
  3. This is really awesome! Love what you've done! I also have a question....in the first photo, the "THU" die cut, is that something you made or purchased? LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryl! The THU card was a 3x4 PL card I made and cut on the Silhouette. :)

      Delete