Monday, January 28, 2013

Front Row : Project Life Weeks 2 + 3


Week 2 : January 7-13 Here is Week 2 of 2013 with February's Project Life kit only. I captured lots of ordinary everyday moments this week - things that are pretty typical around here right now. Lots of princesses, crafting, sickie bugs, a little happy mail and some weird Michigan weather. 

One of my goals this year is to incorporate more digital elements - stamps, journaling, etc - in my Project Life and I really enjoyed using many of the ones available with this month's kit. I need to remember to do more of that during the photo editing / pre-printing process!
Left side :
Right side :

And my second layout :
Week 3 : January 14-20 I LOVE all of the yellows and greens in the kits this month. I used a lot of bits from several kits for this spread - the Project Life kit, card kit, add-on 1 (Big Screen) and add-on 3 (Matinee).

Left side :
Around here : (finally) a calm haircut experience for my son, beach day at preschool for my daughter and a scrappy day with my mom and sister were just a few of the highlights. I loved getting a little bit of modern-day technology in this layout - like a Facebook status update and I also added a QR code on the "Good Times" journaling card that links to a YouTube video that my kids watched over and over again this week. It will be fun to scan it with my iPhone (I use the ScanLife app) in the future and see my kids relive that memory. :)

Right side :
I will be the first to admit I have a hard time getting myself in my Project Life layouts. I'm too quick to see "the bad" - the messy hair, tired eyes, makeup-less face, etc. but I did it this week anyway. I took an in-the-moment photo with my son while I was giving him a piggy back ride around the house. Though it is an awful photo of me, it totally captures the mood and his smile says it all. I couldn't not include it this week. 

You can see both layouts together, plus a ton more Project Life inspiration, in this month's gallery here.

Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see what you make with this month's kits. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Love these layouts! I'm loving Project Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's awful, well done for getting in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your honesty Nicole. :)

    Gosh, aren't we all the same. So critical of our ourselves, but so accepting of others !

    Great layout as usual, and lovely photo of you and your son. I bet he doesn't care what you hair looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Princess journal cards. Great idea to staple the twine on there. Pretty sure I need to copy that. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE you pages. Thanks for sharing. I think the photo of you and your son is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You layouts are always so appealing to the eye!! I am waiting to receive my first PL Studio Calico kit. I guess I signed up way too late. But should start getting a kit in March!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your layouts Nicole - they're a mix of fun & creativity and recording the important stuff in life!! :) so glad I found your blog through your stamp shop!

    ReplyDelete