Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One Little Word : LESS : December

Last week I wrapped up my One Little Word mini with the December prompt :
Ali made a nice pdf for us to journal on as a way to reflect on the year, and our word. I didn't feel like I had a ton to write that hadn't already been said before in past months, so I just kept the "what I want to remember" part of her pdf and used that to close out my mini.
She is done. And full. You can see all of my minibook pages from this album here. I'm ready to say goodbye to less + move on to a new word for 2013. I've taken this formal class the last two years, but haven't committed to taking Ali's class again next year (though she will have new prompts, which is fun!).

I did, however, sign up for Elise Blaha Cripe's new self-paced class at Big Picture Classes called I Choose. I am a list-maker + a goal-setter, so I think this will be a really fun alternative. I love how Elise used her word choose for 2012 and set monthly goals for herself. I've already read her pdf's and watched the videos twice and I'm pretty geeked about it! Excited to change it up a bit. 

How about you? Are you new to One Little Word? Thinking about taking the class in 2013? Do you have a word in mind?

5 comments:

  1. I chose "Courageous" as my 2012 word, and I'm not 100% sure I'm done with it - I may use a form of the same word for 2013... not sure yet. I've been looking at both of those classes and can't decide which would be better for me right now. I'm leaning towards Elise's (basically because I love anything she does!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Elise too and I like that her class is self-paced. No pressure to 'keep up' ;)

      Delete
  2. I never got beyond the first couple of months with my word. Not that I didn't want to (my word was "enjoy") but somehow, I stopped focusing on it, got busy, and never finished.

    Since I still have access to my 2012 syllabus I'm considering trying again in 2013 with it (I never did most of the prompts so I might as well use the same ones) but I'm concerned I won't follow through again.

    I know, I know, first world problems :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see anything wrong with that idea! I think we will always have access to the class so you could just revisit it when you have a chance - or if you want to try again next year. :)

      Delete
  3. I've signed up for Ali's OLW class again. This will be my second year, and l'm really looking forward to it. My word for 2012 was nourish and for 2013 l have chosen soar.

    After spending 12 months 'nourishing' myself, l don't think l have ever been as happy or healthier. A large part of that was doing Ali’s class and making time to reflect and implement lots of good changes.

    ChrisyC
    Australia

    ReplyDelete