Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Daily 2012 : Days 6 - 10

I'm back today with my December Daily update - the 6th through 10th. You can see the 1st through 5th here.

December 6 :
You can see the front side and how I stitched in the embellishments in the page protector in my previous December Daily post. The backside here is the infamous Starbucks coffee sleeve. My holiday fave - the Peppermint Mocha.
The right side is an envelope that Marcy Penner designed as a Silhouette cut in the 25 days class at Studio Calico. I added some star cutouts along the bottom edge and cut the envelope out of dot embossed Bazzill cardstock. I plan to cut another one in vellum to use later this month. Love it!
Instead of using eyelets and twine to hold it shut, I used an old 7 Gypsies piece to keep the envelope flap down. Inside the envelope is a letter to Morgan + Parker. You can see through the cutouts the red patterned paper strip I added to the bottom of the letter.
December 7. Mark had a party at the office so the kids and I spent the evening with each other. Dinner of their choice followed by ice cream and Rudolph.
Lots of layering of embellishments on the left side. Seems to be my theme throughout this album.
And the right. I didn't think I'd be adding the date diecuts I made every day but they've turned out to be a simple touch that adds some consistency through the album.
December 8. A couple weeks ago, Mark designed an awesome 18-point star to hang over our Christmas tree. This weekend, he started putting it together. It should be ready to hang after it's fully dry by the end of this week. My little architect is always sketching or planning something. Love seeing his designs come to fruition.
The left side. Labels for journaling and vellum diecuts to draw a little more attention to the photo. I ended up making it a black and white because the colors were a little bright and distracting.
The right side is another star transparency.
You can see it a little better as you turn the page.
December 9. Mark put the train, which originally belonged to my grandparents, under the Christmas tree.
Left side is the back of the transparency. I just backed what was on the front with the same elements on the back.
And the right side. The December Joys banner is from Ali Edwards (link at the end of this post) and the journalling was added to the photo before I printed it. Before I slipped it in the page protector, I added a few clear rhinestones and a vellum snowflake to the edge.
December 10. This morning I made another pot of simmering potpourri for the stove. I've been testing a few recipes and this one was pretty yummy. Fruity and spicy and perfect to keep warm during our holiday festivities.
The green plant/leaf-like cutout was handcut from some old Hambly paper (you can see the bigger pattern on the next page).
The aqua Basic Grey alpha came with the December Daily kit from Studio Calico and I'm loving the size of these letters with the page size. Here I used them to follow the curve of my bowl and add a page title.
The right side was a chipboard page that I covered in diagonal strips of patterned paper. 
The Merry + Bright was a Silhouette cut designed by Ali Edwards for the 25 Days class. I cut mine in iridescent vellum and stapled it right to my page.
Just about halfway through. 2 weeks left. How are you hanging in there?

The vast majority of my supplies came from the Studio Calico December Daily kit, but I'm including links below to the other products and tools I'm using for this project. If I am missing something, please ask! You can see my cover and foundation pages here. You can read about the embellishment kit I made to supplement my kit here. Most of the printables and diecuts were provided with the Studio Calico 25 Days class.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love how your DD is coming along. Great job. Each year it makes me sad that I didn't just break down and get the Studio Calico kit. Next year for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wow! This album is all sorts of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pages, love the potpourri page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your album. So full of goodness. Wishing I had taken the SC class...

    ReplyDelete