Friday, December 28, 2012

Block Party

Block Party is live at Studio Calico.
JAN-PROJECT-LIFE-Kit-v3
The first Project Life kit was so fun to work with. I loved using a little bit of everything in this layout. Of course, the stamp set was a big favorite, as well as those diecut labels.

One thing I was incredibly impressed with was the weight of the paper for the journaling cards. It's nice and thick - thicker than the cards in the core kit that I'm so used to. And if you don't care for the design on the front, just flip it over and use the simple grid pattern on the back.

I completed Week 48 : November 26 - December 2 with just the PL kit :
Left side :
Right side :
The card kit is awesome too. Those 6x6 paper pads always make me happy and it coordinates well with the Project Life kit. I used a combination of the PL kit and card kit to make a closing page for my third and final album for 2012.
I wrapped up the year by asking my family (and myself) what their favorite memory of the year was. Love Parker's response - playing with his twin cousins, who he calls "2 Ellis" ;)

As well as an opening page for my first 2013 album.
The Project Life kit came with some number journaling cards that I used (with the help of a geotag card) to write out '2013' through the center of the layout. The result is bright + simple. A fun way to start a new album + a new year!

Close-ups + more details are in my gallery here.

While there are no additional Project Life kits available for purchase this month, you can join the waiting list to become a subscriber as soon as more kits become available. I know I am already looking forward to the February kit!

6 comments:

  1. looks awesome! i did something similar for my 2013 title page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love your intro card for 2013 (and love Parker's favorite memory of 2012)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    total change in subject....I just got done reading your 2012 Less mini book blog posts and I LOVED them. Your spin on 'less', your craftiness and thinking outside the book, and quotes.
    I've really enjoyed your posts and you've inspired me to stop with the 'gimmies'.
    Can't wait to see what you do with 2013 word.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah....love you PL pages. AND I too am excited about the royal baby! haha

    ReplyDelete