Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Project Life : Week 34

Week 34 : August 20-26

This week : pretty typical for us around here. Kids are saying funny things, hanging out with friends and family, and we're spending lots of time outside (including the beach and a little event at our local park called the Marshmallow Fly + Fry - firetrucks, hot dogs and s'mores. Doesn't get much better than that.) Morgan and I have been practicing some school activities - like making and eating fun lunches from her LunchBot. Mark bought an old tandem bike frame off Craigslist and is excited to have a new fall/winter project.

Full spread with insert (click the images to enlarge). The front of the insert is a newspaper clipping about the Marshmallow Fly + Fry :
Left side : 
Really simple this week because of a lack of time / motivation / focused attention. Labels, tags and stamps were my go-to products :
Back of insert (a self-made paper doll that Morgan cutout and dressed) and right side :
Right side :
One of my favorite cards this week is the quote bubble one below. 97% of what Parker says these days is "what's that?" over and over and over. Ahh, two year olds. :)
This Elle's Studio Notes tab stamp is so fun! I just stamped it onto some scrap white cardstock and cut it out before stapling it to my journaling card. I added a little "on back" note where I wrote more about my 24 hour phone and computer sabbatical :
I want to close today with a shop update. I designed 7 new stamps last week and received my samples yesterday. They look awesome! I plan on mounting them this week and seeing which ones will make the cut. If you are following me on Instagram (nicolereaves), you may even catch some sneak peeks! Right now, I'm thinking they'll be in the shop around September 7th.

Also, if you are looking for a theme or a little challenge with your Project Life this week (Week 35), I am going to focus on ME! Yup. As much as I love documenting my family in this volume of books, this week it's going to be all about me. And I'm totally inspired to use Erica's new brushes. Let me know if you want to join me!

As always, thank you so much for looking. This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more Project Life inspiration! If I forgot something or you'd like more details, just ask. :)

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.


Products used this week :

12 comments:

  1. Your pages lookso great. Very excited to see your ME week and new stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh - I love that paper doll! And I'm dying to see the bike makeover - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, hello little "take note" stamp/image!!
    and since i always have a favorite page, it would be the bike/"what's that?" page! so fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page. I love the paper doll! How adorable!

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the stamps! especially the quotations! i will wait for the new stamps before ordering it! maybe i will see something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to see your new stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for new stamps! I was just getting ready to order some but I will wait! As always, love your project life pages! I love the "what's that" card, too cute! Cant wait to see your what you do next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, love the paper doll! Hope Parker isn't driving you "too" crazy with his what's .

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome pages - love all the extra goodies you added to the pages. come by and see my layout if you have a chance

    tina
    one crafty mess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pages! Can't wait to see how the tandem bike rebuilding goes....SO FUN! Can't wait to take a look at your new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a pleasure visiting your blog.

    I'm so totally inspired to do Project Life next year. I'm in love with the Seafoam edition.

    Am thinking of even getting my own blog up and running.

    Thanks for the inspriation Nicole.

    Chrisy
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the quotes and labels. Your layouts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete