Thursday, August 23, 2012

Morgan : Right Now : the minibook edition

Back in April when Ali hosted her annual Week in the Life project, I had big plans to change it up a bit and make a minibook each for Morgan and Parker, focusing on their individual lives. You may remember me writing about my plans, including the topics I wanted to cover in their books here.

Since then, those plans changed and now, four months later, I finally finished Morgan's album. As I was collecting the photos + the notes I had been taking, it sort of transformed and became a mini about what her life was like during late spring/early summer of 2012, not just "a week in the life."

As you look through the photos below (feel free to click on them to enlarge and see in better detail), you'll see I used a big mix of products. A good amount of new stuff and a LOT of old stuff. Using old product, specifically the patterned paper and chipboard that I've been hoarding for years, was a big goal with this project. I had plenty of fun stuff I still loved to fit the girly theme and the bonus is, the one person this little book is for isn't going to say "Mommy, isn't this Basic Grey paper older than me?" HA! Well, I hope not. :)

Product links for the goodies you can still buy are at the end of this post. The photo-heavy portion of this post starts now :

There you have it! The best part has been watching Morgan look through her mini and ask "what is this picture from?" and "what does this say?" She loves that this little book is all her. I can't wait to tackle Parker's book next. The album base is done and the photos are in. Now I just need to add the journaling and the cute stuff. I really hope to get that done by the end of the month!

Thanks so much for looking!

Products used in this minibook :

Assorted flair from A Flair for Buttons
Washi tape from Freckled Fawn
 

11 comments:

  1. my favorite pic/page? oh, that look!! haha, it's great!
    she's got personality! ;)
    and I totally had that BG line & remember using it!!
    way to use up those scraps!! love the mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out SO CUTE. Love that circle overlay over her "look" lol. I've seen that one once or twice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so awesome! I love this idea so much! Each page is fabulous. She will love this book forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! I'm sure when she gets older she will love looking through it. Cant wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mini book is awesome. You did an amazing job. This is a really inspiring little project that I may have to tackle myself for my daughter. Definitely will be sharing the love and spreading the word about this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love how it came together. What a great keepsake for her to look through now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is awesome!!!!! What a special project that she is sure to love always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love this mini! Such an awesome idea! I wasn't planning on doing a week in the life this next time, but now I think I will do a mini like you did for each of my kids, so excited, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this mini! Such an awesome idea! I wasn't planning on doing a week in the life this next time, but now I think I will do a mini like you did for each of my kids, so excited, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I would love to know how you did the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! The main pink background of the cover is old distressed Basic Grey patterned paper. I just layered the paper embellishments in clusters on top of that. Pretty simple. :)

      Delete