Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Project Life : Week 30

Week 30 : July 23-29

This week : a bazillion errands and lots of outdoor play + popsicles. The summer Olympics began in London, we celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday + we spent a day at the beach.

Full spread : click on any image below to enlarge
Left side :
Loved adding a QR code to scan and watch a video from this weekend of Mark pitching balls to Morgan and hitting them! If you are interested, you can see it here. Super cute. :) If you haven't tried it yourself, all I do is add a website link at qrstuff.com and it creates a QR code for you to download and print. In order to watch the video (or view the website...) you will need a QR reader on your smartphone. I use (and like) ScanLife. I adhered my QR code to a grid journaling card after doing a little stamping with this Studio Calico set. The Olympics card on the left (below) is from Erica Hernandez :
More writing on photos. Love finding negative space and filling it up with journaling. This time, I was inspired by Tina's currents series :
Right side :
I folded a 4x6 card from my core kit and wrote inside a little bit about my feelings after a conversation I had with Morgan Saturday night before bed :
Below, the classic Instagram foot shot - me alone at Target. Always a treat for this stay-at-home mom. The calendar card behind it is from Erica Hernandez :
The top photos were taken while the kids did some finger painting. I joined the photos with a large Elle's Studio circle and banner so you can tell they 'go together' :
And of course, the insert this week is Morgan + Parker's finger paintings :
Photos from the weekend (my Dad's birthday + our beach trip) are missing, as I need to add another insert but am out of photo paper. Should be here tonight. Absolutely loving this project! I can't believe I'm a month away from filling up my second album.

As always, thank you so much for looking. This week I'm linked up to The Mom Creative. Check out Jessica's post for more Project Life inspiration! And if I forgot something or you'd like more details, just ask. :)

If you are not familiar with Project Life, click here. All of my 2012 Project Life posts can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. I love the Olympic journaling card. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...just noticed the link to the Olympics card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Erica's cards for the Olympics too. I found it was cute to see the artwork and the self portraits. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Randomness card with the hashtag and the QR code is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole, Can you tell me what kind of marker you use to write on photos? Thank you! Michelle Baesler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I enjoy your work! Michelle B.

      Delete
    2. Hi Michelle, thank you! I use Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens for my regular journaling and for writing on photos. Love them!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your pages! Thanks for sharing the link for the super cute Olympic cards. I will definitely be using those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pages Nicole, love the calender card and the way you wrote on your photo this week

    ReplyDelete